• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nobunny
A buddy snapped a picture at lunch, so even though it's just another upper body shot I figured that it belonged here. Tie - Prorsum Shirt - D&G
musicboohoo[1].gif
Wore it with a navy nn07 short shorts, and brown Ferragamo loafers.

Hate when anyone non-military does the tie tuck, it looks marsupialed.
Originally Posted by jet
synth keeping waywt afloat think i'm going to do the standard vandal, black apc track and remix it with navy raf **** tee tonight let's see how many bitches say some **** about it about it
This post is useless without pics

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks
Synthese steezy as always. OV undershirt? Kind of interesting.
Yup! trying to figure out how to wear them, since I never want to take them off my body. Actually, I took a pic without the knit over it, just to show how it fits - I think they look pretty rad, should have posted it
Originally Posted by jet
synth keeping waywt afloat
shog[1].gif
Originally Posted by APK
I believe is what you'd ID as "owning your look." Note how natural this looks, despite the unusual details, compared to some of the odd button-down, rolled pants, boat shoes looks you liberally see. What kind of work do you do, Synth? My wardrobe isn't quite as left-of-center as yours, but I suspect I'd be in a similar spot with regards to co-workers seeing me in my casual clothes versus work clothes.
Right now, working as an environmental consultant. I didn't wear that top to work, since I don't know how sheer knits would be received, but it's a pretty laid-back work space (most of the looks I post here are work-looks, except for the obviously deranged ones - i.e. haven't worn gold foil shoes yet, waiting for holiday party). I'm thinking people are going to be a little weirded out by what I wear casually (see-thru tanks and bondage sneaks? NOT CHINOS AND A BUTTON DOWN?!!??!!?!?) And thanks for the compliment, definitely feeling pretty good about what I wear these days! I was out with some "normal" mid-twenty year olds that I didn't know (jeans/polo/flip flops) and no one even batted an eyelid, I was surprised. Although some dude grabbed my crotch while I was dancing with a girl
confused.gif
Originally Posted by Magician
Usually I like Synthese but this is definitely his worse one yet. layering and proportions are all off. The dick flap is not an easy look to do and this proves it.
This is interesting, I didn't even think of it as a dick flap - the shirt is cut fairly straight across the hem, so when you're standing straight, it's just a raw hemline running all the way around. I think it might only look like a flap because my hands are in my pockets. Anyway, I don't think it's perfect - I dislike the henley-style top over the u-neck, and I also don't like that the knit's edge is finished, not raw - it makes it bunch up a little funny. I enjoyed the colors though; drapey without a hint of black. Genuine interest; what didn't you like about the proportions?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
7lUoKl.jpg
Evening's company has only ever seen my in work clothes, really - and also claimed last weekend that my Ervell green oxide shirt "looks like an easter egg."

I like everything but the henley, which I think is just in an unfortunate colour in that it looks like a poor man's shirt from yesteryear. If it was a bit richer of a brown or perhaps a bit lighter or more bluish then I'd be all for it. But as I said, I do like the bottom half a lot, great sneaks and those sweat pants are awesome.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBrown85
laugh.gif
Fair enough. Nonetheless, someone posting in a forum dedicated to helping them look better is going to get advice beyond what color shoelaces to wear with their Clarks. Do you sincerely believe that "tighten core + build shoulders" is defamatory in this context?

I think learning how to dress for one's body type is infinitely more important. There's only so much you can do to change the way your built without dedicating exhorbitant amounts of time and energy into working out. Then again, there's always surgery.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I like everything but the henley, which I think is just in an unfortunate colour in that it looks like a poor man's shirt from yesteryear. If it was a bit richer of a brown or perhaps a bit lighter or more bluish then I'd be all for it. But as I said, I do like the bottom half a lot, great sneaks and those sweat pants are awesome.

disagree completely, i love that wheat colour.

srendam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
7lUoKl.jpg

Evening's company has only ever seen my in work clothes, really - and also claimed last weekend that my Ervell green oxide shirt "looks like an easter egg."

Ervell-OxideComboCollarF.jpg

Here's the culprit in question.

Hate to say it but I agree; indeed looks like an easter egg.

I like most of your fits but those jeans/pants are not doing it for me in that colour. Where did you cop that great henley?

captmomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
[/IMG]
hat
Junya CdG
Crate (red gingham, can't tell from the pic)
Garbstore
Viberg

these boots are killer

Which model are those vibergs?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cause I know this just splits the SF Hyperbole.. Today - hope that the Wallabies would do us proud tonight against the All Blacks..
100911-4-1.jpg
Tonight - WTF! 2 minutes to go & the Wallabies are back to Wobblies..
100911-6-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads