• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ideal Shell Cordovan Shoe?

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me own holy grail shoe.
Vass budapester in burgundy shell with 360 goyser stitching.
tinfoil.gif

Originally Posted by kolecho
I would suggest a captoe to minimize the Shar-pei dog skin effect.
Yes.

Originally Posted by kolecho
The ripples are fine for derbies, but not the best with oxford IMO. I have a pair of Carmina oxford wholecuts that have developed those ripples. I love that pair, but I think the ripples make them out of place with a dark suit in a serious business setting. YMMV.
Yes.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Here are my well-worn shell chukkas. They have trees in, but the rippling is about the same when worn.
mbootsbig.jpg

[/quote] Wow! This doesn't look like Alden on the Barrie...especially with 3 eyelets. What's the make?

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lt nice boot DocHolliday

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
imo

Ravello Shortwing:

rav1.jpg

Florsheim Burgundy Shell Longwing:

4269119047_24f74b7600.jpg

Ravello cap toe boot

IMG_6311-John.JPG

but the Ravello's almost shouldn't count b/c they are so hard to find

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
VassGroupShots4.jpg

any one of these would be mine thro i do have a soft spot for the alden 990 in cigar or mahogany and also churches grafton in bordo thro i wouls love to see it in cigar or one of the other rarer shell tones

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Martegani
Doc, the chukkas look good, and appear to be aging well. I'm okay with the ripples.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
the Alden NST's are awesome:
Have you had a change of heart??! (Was browsing old threads for ideas and stumbled across this) | | V

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

smile.gif

Aldens are butt ugly shoes. i have the leather sould plaza longwing special edition thingie and I love it for bad weather days, days when I don't want to dress up etc and they are comfortable as hell but the thought of wearing them with a suit makes me cringe. You gonna wear those things with a DB suit???

Quoted for ease.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by txeconomist
I really like the RL Darlton PTB.

darlton.jpg

Darlton2.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get these? They're discontinued... I have the wingtip version but am desperately looking for the plain toes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads