• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Is it a cafe racer jacket like this but in another color?
4421825080_e8b139e4ca_t.jpg

Image is too small for me to get a look at this early in the morning, but this is the schott racer:
198_139.jpg
Of course there are differences between various models, but the basics of a cafe racer seem to be tab collar at the top, single zip down the middle (perfecto one stars are asymmetrical), a couple razor **** pockets, a sorta sleek look.

samsterdam

Reaction score
Here's another one kicking himself over the corduroy tweeds. Had it in my cart yesterday, got distracted, and when I check this morning... You guys gotta bring those back post haste. In the meantime, picked up the navy & grey tartan.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the ****.

4977426348_08caf72399_b.jpg

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy Mother of God. I just saw the Outerwear section on the website.

Mike, I can't afford this. However, I will sweep/shovel your sidewalk and clean your toilets with my underwear for that thing.

enigma77

Reaction score
As long as we're posting about stuff Mike hasn't even posted about yet, this look is one of the best I've seen from Epaulet:
4977137850_3a5f416346_b.jpg
Also the overcoat is great, obviously.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
bounce2.gif
That Camel Guncheck is sexy as hell, but I still need to get some Indy's and some trousers before I even think about one of these coats.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
Those cord tweeds are some of the best pants I've ever seen. Great job on those.

Thank you! We're officially sold out to the last piece. I'll see about getting more, but it wouldn't be until next year.

However, I can tell you that we'll have all manner of other good Walt's & Rivet Chino's this Fall!

Originally Posted by capa
I was about to order a size Medium button down collar chambray shirt and a red Oxford as well but now they're both sold out in Mediums! I could have sworn you had them in stock two days ago. Will you be restocking either of these?

Oh man, sorry about that. I'm not going to restock either of those exact items right now, but I am doing a straight-ahead Blue buttondown collar oxford shirt. Kind of like those two had a child. Should be here in a few weeks.

I wish it were 38S.
ffffuuuu.gif

Speaking of blazer/sport coat size, I worry that the upcoming Epaulet sport coats would be too long for me, though you mentioned they would be in a "cropped" style.
Have you considered carrying them in different lengths?

Yes, they're shorter than usual in the body. If you want a vintage fit, the rule of thumb is to use a S body with R sleeves. So our 38 body is technically S length, but the sleeves are normal. I have a size 42 sample which worked fine on a guy who's 6' 3", except he had to let out the sleeves a bit.

So if you would take a 38S in Cucinelli, this should work great!

Is it a cafe racer jacket like this but in another color?
4421825080_e8b139e4ca_t.jpg

That banded collar, staight zipper, minimal shape is typically called a Cafe Racer. Schott only makes that in Black. We'll carry a brown jacket from them, but it's a slim A2 bomber with a small point collar and two flap chest pockets. Should be here soon.

Originally Posted by samsterdam
Here's another one kicking himself over the corduroy tweeds. Had it in my cart yesterday, got distracted, and when I check this morning... You guys gotta bring those back post haste. In the meantime, picked up the navy & grey tartan.

Thanks for the order!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been chained to a desk for the past 48 hours getting all this stuff online. It's finally done! May I present our first delivery of Fall '10 Gant Rugger. We have fit and sizing notes for each item. Three things to point out:

1. The Oxfords were some of our best-selling items this Spring. The fit's nice, and the price is great. The Blue and Red have really vibrant color tones too.

2. The Hiker Jacket is basically raw sex distilled into a water-resistant outerwear piece. I bought all of the remaining stock that Gant USA had on hand. It's a killer piece.

3. The 60/40 jacket is the real deal, and IMO the best-fitting repro of that style on the market.

Hiker%20Lo.jpg

Coated Cotton Hiker Jacket: $275

60-40%20Lo.jpg

60/40 Two Tone Jacket: $250

Gant%20Red%20Oxford%20Lo.jpg

Old Loom Oxford Red: $98

Gant%20Blue%20Oxford%20Lo.jpg

Old Loom Oxford Blue: $98

Gant%20White%20Oxford%20Lo.jpg

Old Loom Oxford White: $98

Tattersall%20Lo.jpg

Flap Pocket Tattersall: $120

Doubleface%20Lo.jpg

Doublefaced Cream Plaid Shirt: $120

Flannel%20Lo.jpg

Syracuse Flannel Shirt: $120

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads