• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2010

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From a tumblr:
8da8606f.jpg

Oi Polloi:
aa890b07.jpg

2de65443.jpg

2a889d42.jpg

Oldboy

Reaction score
I just got the rust/navy plaid workshirt from Gary/Drinkwater's. Anyone else feel that the side-seam gussets on this season's workshirts are placed too high? I'm 5'7" and if I raise my arms just a bit I'm already showing some skin? Other than that the fit is spot on.

garmis

Reaction score
Stopped by Drinkwater's yesterday and tried on a few things. My take:

The Bedford (wool/fleece) version was easily my favorite piece. Fits quite slim, and is heavier/warmer than the wool Irving, which fit a bit slimmer. I am 6' 185 lbs., and the larges fit me very well.

The Cord collar peacoat pictured ^^ was unfortunately a miss for me. The large, though fit correctly through the chest and shoulders, had a blousing effect at the hem. Also it was not as heavy as the Bedford or Irving, despite the wool blanket quilting.

Also tried on a flannel work shirt for the first time. The large fit me well, once again, through the chest and shoulders. Wonderful, luxuriously soft fabric. However, the side gussets are cut incredibly short! Granted I have a very long torso (think a 6'2-6'4 man), but this was a little ridiculous. Skin was almost showing as I wore the shirt untucked. Such a nice shirt I almost nabbed it anyway though!

Final take: I will be grabbing the wool Bedford soon, and at $370 it will easily be my staple for all of fall.

And Ian over at Drinkwater's is one affable dude!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oldboy
I just got the rust/navy plaid workshirt from Gary/Drinkwater's. Anyone else feel that the side-seam gussets on this season's workshirts are placed too high? I'm 5'7" and if I raise my arms just a bit I'm already showing some skin? Other than that the fit is spot on.
Yup! I'm assuming they expect folks to layer, but it's still pretty high.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oldboy

I was waiting to see if anyone else thought the same, but yes I thought the gussets are the highest by far.

JackFrost09

Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmis
Stopped by Drinkwater's yesterday and tried on a few things. My take:

The Bedford (wool/fleece) version was easily my favorite piece. Fits quite slim, and is heavier/warmer than the wool Irving, which fit a bit slimmer. I am 6' 185 lbs., and the larges fit me very well.

The Cord collar peacoat pictured ^^ was unfortunately a miss for me. The large, though fit correctly through the chest and shoulders, had a blousing effect at the hem. Also it was not as heavy as the Bedford or Irving, despite the wool blanket quilting.

Also tried on a flannel work shirt for the first time. The large fit me well, once again, through the chest and shoulders. Wonderful, luxuriously soft fabric. However, the side gussets are cut incredibly short! Granted I have a very long torso (think a 6'2-6'4 man), but this was a little ridiculous. Skin was almost showing as I wore the shirt untucked. Such a nice shirt I almost nabbed it anyway though!

Final take: I will be grabbing the wool Bedford soon, and at $370 it will easily be my staple for all of fall.

And Ian over at Drinkwater's is one affable dude!

You talking about this Bedford?

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/e...ket-fleece.php

Or is there another fleece made from wool?

hansj

Reaction score
I've been to the new Nepenthes store today. Got a personal tour by the head of operations and was the first customer who bought something (olive desert pants) in cash. Great store! They probably have as many or more EG styles as all the other NY retailers combined. Plus a room full of shoes. Need to go back soon!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads