• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm just impressed at how many people know the fitting process and pitfalls of fittings in different locations so much better than I do. It is the internet at its finest.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
There seems to be a forum-wide gravitational pull toward bitchiness and cat clawing.

Most people never grow out of high school social dramatics.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I'm just impressed at how many people know the fitting process and pitfalls of fittings in different locations so much better than I do. It is the internet at its finest.

Obviously you failed to enter Mariano's inner circle. You still pay the listed prices, don't you? Poor fool.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
There are five or six members who can talk about the experience of getting a Rubinacci, but everyone can talk about whether they like what they see, don't you agree?
No question but FWIW and IMHO there are less than 3x that number that actually know what they are talking about or have more than an ounce full of taste / perspective.

I like being able to share my experiences with this forum because its my way of giving back to others, such as yourself, that have made the process of acquiring bespoke clothing et al more approachable. I think without this thread and many of the other experiences shared in other threads, SF would be a joke and a fragment of what it once was.

I can understand and appreciate that not everyone is going to like what Rubinacci has to offer - if that was the case his business would be a lot more booming than it is. I can say, however, that I've seen a lot (meaning I've visited the shops, met the owners, tailors etc not just viewed photos online) of what most would consider the top rung of the bespoke world and LH ranks very high on that list from a quality and design perspective. And I would also say as it relates to the "internet" favorable tailoring house, LH is one of the more consistent on the web.

Finally, while I can't opine on the customer services levels at a lot of other places all I can say is that for being a relatively small time client Mariano and the entire firm has made good on every promise - including going above and beyond in some cases.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Obviously you failed to enter Mariano's inner circle. You still pay the listed prices, don't you? Poor fool.
I still recall the customer who turned to Richard and asked, "Make sure I get my discount." Richard answered in the affirmative. The second that customer was out the door I turned to Richard and asked, "And why don't I get his discount?"

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I still recall the customer who turned to Richard and asked, "Make sure I get my discount." Richard answered in the affirmative. The second that customer was out the door I turned to Richard and asked, "And why don't I get his discount?"

LOL.

Did you get your discount?
smile.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
LOL.

Did you get your discount?
smile.gif

As I recall ... that visit I was taking delivery of matching trousers for my coat made up in the biscuit version of the house check. Those damn trousers were £750 ... and that was when the pound was at $2.00! Not only did I not get his discount ... upon seeing the bill, I ruined the trousers I was wearing.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I like being able to share my experiences with this forum because its my way of giving back to others, such as yourself, that have made the process of acquiring bespoke clothing et al more approachable. I think without this thread and many of the other experiences shared in other threads, SF would be a joke and a fragment of what it once was.

I can tell you that lampooning banality doesn't seem to work either, even if it can be enjoyable from time to time.

- B

Jan_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Perhaps you haven't visited WAYWRN lately. It's much, much worse than a joke.

Please, explain this to me. You see, I'm relatively new and need some orientation. What's wrong with WAYWRN? I've some ideas, but please tell me. Thanks.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jan_
Please, explain this to me. You see, I'm relatively new and need some orientation. What's wrong with WAYWRN? I've some ideas, but please tell me. Thanks.

The main problem is all of the posts in it.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
I'm sure it's already been answered but Whnay, what fabric is your gray DB made out of? Grazie.
I have two:
  • Flannel from Smiths - I want to say 0246 is the cloth # - Vox has the same fabric as do a few others I believe
  • Plain weave gray worsted from the Harrisons Grand Cru book

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Foo's just sad that I haven't been posting.

I just assumed that you were still folding your pocket square, getting things ready.

confused.gif

Originally Posted by zbromer
The main problem is all of the posts in it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vox, you should know better than that. My pocket squares are never folded, for they refuse to be tamed. They sally forth as they see fit.

In fairness to WAYW, consistency has never been its strong suit. It's always been a mix of good and bad. Usually more bad than good, to be honest, but the forum's about helping people learn, so mistakes will be made. I make my share.

I haven't kept up with WAYW lately, but when I've clicked on it, it's had some good stuff, some terrible stuff and some middling stuff. A few fallow periods, sure. But so it goes.

I don't ever recall there being a real golden age of WAYW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads