• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
are they like the barrie last?

no, you dont need to size down. It's a wide last but not long, so good for wider feet.

Originally Posted by robin
Who stocks trickers in the US?

I didnt know Tom LS stocks them, have never seen them in any stores myself. But the UK sites they are readily avail at are all great, super fast shipping and they deduct VAT so with the current exchange rate they end up being under $400 for most pairs.

Definitely take a look at Pediwear, they ship Trickers for FREE, deduct VAT, threw in a pair of awesome shoe trees and polish. AND, when you buy your first pair from them you automatically get put on their "Trickers Club" so in the future any website orders you get all that PLUS an additional 5% off. killer deal once you know exactly what size works for you which isnt hard because they are very TTS, and if you dont know your "true size" I think the best method is to try on a pair of Allen Edmonds (which fit very true ime), find the size that fits best (in whole sizes) then subtract 1 for the UK equivalent.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But where to cop in NYC? I want combat sole'd brogues dog.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
http://www.asos.com/Trickers/Tricker...Green%2fPurple

image1xlad.jpg

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Yeah! Glad to see this thread.

I'm a fan, hoping to get a spare day to make a pilgrimage to the factory shop this fall. These Stow are now two years old, probably a year's consistent wear.

stowes.jpg

The Bureau in Belfast do some beautiful custom versions:

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop...or-the-bureau/

And Present, Shoreditch, have an interesting range of Vibram sole versions. Not to my personal taste but I always love to see Tricker's featured in a new outlet:

trickers.jpg

chroMe

Reaction score
Present-london are having a 3 day instore only sale up to 80 per cent off this w/end. Doubt the trickers range are included. sigh. I'm also into the 14oz Berlin x trickers collab and going there in a couple weeks.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bohemianmidnight
these are nice, yet compared to alden they are hideous imo.

confused.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
Present-london are having a 3 day instore only sale up to 80 per cent off this w/end. Doubt the trickers range are included. sigh. I'm also into the 14oz Berlin x trickers collab and going there in a couple weeks.
Trickers are not included in the sale but they will offer 10% off, per my e-mail conversation with their rep.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
no, you dont need to size down. It's a wide last but not long, so good for wider feet.

I didnt know Tom LS stocks them, have never seen them in any stores myself. But the UK sites they are readily avail at are all great, super fast shipping and they deduct VAT so with the current exchange rate they end up being under $400 for most pairs.

Definitely take a look at Pediwear, they ship Trickers for FREE, deduct VAT, threw in a pair of awesome shoe trees and polish. AND, when you buy your first pair from them you automatically get put on their "Trickers Club" so in the future any website orders you get all that PLUS an additional 5% off. killer deal once you know exactly what size works for you which isnt hard because they are very TTS, and if you dont know your "true size" I think the best method is to try on a pair of Allen Edmonds (which fit very true ime), find the size that fits best (in whole sizes) then subtract 1 for the UK equivalent.

The 5 last is sort of weird because it fits right in length, but I still get major heel slippage despite going TTS so have to use an insole to fix that somewhat. Never tried half a size smaller but I think it'd be too small. Like I said, only real problem is heel slippage.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
The 5 last is sort of weird because it fits right in length, but I still get major heel slippage despite going TTS so have to use an insole to fix that somewhat. Never tried half a size smaller but I think it'd be too small. Like I said, only real problem is heel slippage.
As much as I like Tricker's shoes, the lasts just don't work for me. If you have a low instep it's really difficult to get a close fit around the heel and ankle and they slip. P.S. - If anyone's interested in a pair of suede wingtips in size 8 UK, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Aquaphor

Reaction score
The problem with Present London's Trickers is that they only offer full sizes. So if you're a half size on those lasts you're outta luck

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
anyone remember that Trickers did a collab with Ted Baker (of all brands) about 4 or 5 years ago? That was probably one of the first Brand x Brand collabs I'd ever seen. They had some funky colors like pink brogues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads