• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. Corduroy tweed's gone in a 30. Oh well.

Where you at, navy rivet chinos?

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same ahjota - went to go snag them as soon as i saw that post and they were already gone! Shows you how kickass epaulets stuff is though. Still trying to decide on the preorders...tossup between charcoal glenplaid and charcoal pinstripe.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the orders guys, we're shipping out a ton this morning!

My apologies for the Cord Tweed stock-out. I wish that I could get more. I'll surely be hitting up the factory to do another run of that stuff for next Fall. Imagine that fabric in a suit? Good lord.

Also, if anyone is a 38R, you should absolutely check out geoffmartin17's Cucinelli blazer for sale. One of our customers owns that exact piece, and it's insanely nice. If that was a 40, I'd be taking it off his hands right now.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words mike. I just took the jacket into a tailor and he gave me a low quote for alterations so i think i'm going to go down that route. Too great a jacket to give up, despite the hefty price tag.

Now if only i could make up my mind on what trousers to preorder - leaning towards the charcoal windowpane..but those air force blue and cadet greys are nice too...

Too many good options! I demand less amazing stock!

-Geoff

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Thanks for the kind words mike. I just took the jacket into a tailor and he gave me a low quote for alterations so i think i'm going to go down that route. Too great a jacket to give up, despite the hefty price tag. Now if only i could make up my mind on what trousers to preorder - leaning towards the charcoal windowpane..but those air force blue and cadet greys are nice too... Too many good options! I demand less amazing stock! -Geoff
Brilliant. I bet that you have some good trouser options to pair with that
smile.gif
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Mike, when will you be posting the new chinos?
Once they arrive. I'm hoping by the end of next week. Man, this restock is long-awaited! We're hustling over here for our e-mail newsletter in the morning. Expect our full Gant Rugger and Gant by Michael Bastian collection to be online tomorrow! Just as a preview, I put up some of our best selling styles already: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...ANT/Categories The Hiker jacket is incredible! The balls-out heat has kept up in NYC, but we still had to reorder this before putting it online. I bought all of the remaining open stock that Gant USA had left. And the new oxford is great. It's no longer got a selvedge stripe, but it's also $12 cheaper. The Red is a great red, and the Blue is significantly darker than the usual blue oxford.

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Brilliant. I bet that you have some good trouser options to pair with that
smile.gif

Once they arrive. I'm hoping by the end of next week. Man, this restock is long-awaited!

We're hustling over here for our e-mail newsletter in the morning. Expect our full Gant Rugger and Gant by Michael Bastian collection to be online tomorrow! Just as a preview, I put up some of our best selling styles already:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...ANT/Categories

The Hiker jacket is incredible! The balls-out heat has kept up in NYC, but we still had to reorder this before putting it online. I bought all of the remaining open stock that Gant USA had left. And the new oxford is great. It's no longer got a selvedge stripe, but it's also $12 cheaper. The Red is a great red, and the Blue is significantly darker than the usual blue oxford.

I thought i told you not to post any new stuff....

Is there a way we can temporarily ban ourself from Epaulet threads until we have enough money to view them?

capa

Reaction score
I was about to order a size Medium button down collar chambray shirt and a red Oxford as well but now they're both sold out in Mediums! I could have sworn you had them in stock two days ago. Will you be restocking either of these?

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Thanks for all the orders guys, we're shipping out a ton this morning!

My apologies for the Cord Tweed stock-out. I wish that I could get more. I'll surely be hitting up the factory to do another run of that stuff for next Fall. Imagine that fabric in a suit? Good lord.

Also, if anyone is a 38R, you should absolutely check out geoffmartin17's Cucinelli blazer for sale. One of our customers owns that exact piece, and it's insanely nice. If that was a 40, I'd be taking it off his hands right now.

I wish it were 38S.
ffffuuuu.gif

Speaking of blazer/sport coat size, I worry that the upcoming Epaulet sport coats would be too long for me, though you mentioned they would be in a "cropped" style.
Have you considered carrying them in different lengths?

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
How about that brown Schott leather jacket? Im actually not sure I can buy it now, as Im a poor law student now instead of a working man like last year. However Im trying to pysch myself up for just saying ******* and buying it, or psyching myself up for the black jacket you have online for much cheaper at 400-450.
Last I heard, it should arrive around 9/10 - 9/15. I believe that they're putting the finishing touches on it now.
Is it a cafe racer jacket like this but in another color?
4421825080_e8b139e4ca_t.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads