• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I love Pete's Burgundy DB

2e1a814.jpg

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Cross post from today's WAYWN...here are some better pics of my recent DB from Chan in Minnis Air Force Blue Flannel.

Comments welcome as I plan on getting another DB flannel from Chan at some point.

WAYWN_1-21-10004-1.jpg

WAYWN_1-21-10003.jpg

Impeccable! I wish have a taylor like the yours.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
can I ask what you like about it?

+1. Lapels are atrocious.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
OK, but not this. This **** is flawless:

Originally Posted by George
A classic example of someone who needs structure/padding in his shoulders.

Coat just screams Italian bespoke. Blah.........

Pink trousers....
confused.gif

Originally Posted by teddieriley
But it is "flawless." At least so we're told.
confused.gif

No attack on the guy in the pic - I think he's shared some pretty good outfits the last month.

Originally Posted by Bellum
My butcher wears that same jacket.

Bull, this is one of the cases I'm speaking of. With all due respect to the guy, who I think normally has decent fits, this looks absolutely ridiculous. It's beyond a bad fit. It's as bad as the kid in WAYWRN who is wearing the taupe shirt three sizes too large and tie ending above his belly button. Looks like a garbage bag or a kid's Halloween costume.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
A classic example of someone who needs structure/padding in his shoulders.

Coat just screams Italian bespoke. Blah.........

Pink trousers....
confused.gif

Seems like many people missed his response in WAYWN when I commented on the jacket's ill fit. He agreed and said he's lost quite a bit of weight.

FYI

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Bull, this is one of the cases I'm speaking of. With all due respect to the guy, who I think normally has decent fits, this looks absolutely ridiculous. It's beyond a bad fit. It's as bad as the kid in WAYWRN who is wearing the taupe shirt three sizes too large and tie ending above his belly button. Looks like a garbage bag or a kid's Halloween costume.

Geez, it's not that bad, relative to what you normally see on the streets.

RJE

Reaction score
Same question, different thread.

Every shot I've seen discussing open quarters is SB - their nature lead me to think it had to be SB to have open quarters. Does someone have a photograph which would explain this usage of open quarters: I wanted a double-breasted coat with very open front quarters [a low cross-over point for the lapels and a shallow overlap] (p120, The Rake, Issue 10).

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
Same question, different thread.

Every shot I've seen discussing open quarters is SB - their nature lead me to think it had to be SB to have open quarters. Does someone have a photograph which would explain this usage of open quarters: I wanted a double-breasted coat with very open front quarters [a low cross-over point for the lapels and a shallow overlap] (p120, The Rake, Issue 10).

He's mistaking quarters for wanting essentially a lower button stance and lots of shirt/tie showing.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Seems like many people missed his response in WAYWN when I commented on the jacket's ill fit. He agreed and said he's lost quite a bit of weight.

FYI

I wonder why he hasn't had his tailor bring in the sides now that's he's thin? In any case, I won't apologize for liking the jacket (cloth, shoulders, lapels, etc.) even though it could be a bit more fitted.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
can I ask what you like about it?
Yeah, I noticed the lapels were small/strange, but I really enjoy the color and the fact that it has just 4 buttons. I would like to find a DB in similar shade for myself.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Seems like many people missed his response in WAYWN when I commented on the jacket's ill fit. He agreed and said he's lost quite a bit of weight. FYI
I realised this, that's why I didn't comment on the fit but only stylistic issues like shoulder treatment, lapel width etc.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andre 3 Stacks....

ESQ-best-dressed-andre-benjamin-lg-48889666.jpg

andre3000.jpg

andrebenjamin325x400.jpg

andre_3000_5095953.jpg

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wesley Johnson...

basket1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads