• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slopey shoulders though.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I look forward to your photographs.

Have you described your experience with the fitting process in the Naples store in any other thread? If not, it would be interesting to read if you are willing to describe it.

- B

I have not been fitted in Naples. I was originally fitted in Rome, with a follow up with Mariano in London. The fitting experience, and the resulting two suits, were less than I had hoped for, hence my trip to Naples. I was originally going to meet with Luca in NYC to get my suits adjusted, but after seeing some examples of his personal style in photos posted here, I thought it best to go to the source. I would describe my experience thus far as less positive than others who have dealt with Rubinacci, but I think it is more the result of my own choices (being initially fitted in Rome), which were based more on convenience than in getting the best fit possible. This was my first experience with bespoke and I should have been more committed. My opinion at this point is if you're going to go all in with a bespoke garment, go to the source and have the person/people who will actually cut and sew your suit have their hands in the fitting process. The path I originally chose was basically jacked up MTM and the results were consistent with that. That is not what I want. I'm going to Naples next month and depending on how that goes, may order a few more things. I will report my experience when I return.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
I have not been fitted in Naples. I was originally fitted in Rome, with a follow up with Mariano in London. The fitting experience, and the resulting two suits, were less than I had hoped for, hence my trip to Naples. I was originally going to meet with Luca in NYC to get my suits adjusted, but after seeing some examples of his personal style in photos posted here, I thought it best to go to the source. I would describe my experience thus far as less positive than others who have dealt with Rubinacci, but I think it is more the result of my own choices (being initially fitted in Rome), which were based more on convenience than in getting the best fit possible. This was my first experience with bespoke and I should have been more committed. My opinion at this point is if you're going to go all in with a bespoke garment, go to the source and have the person/people who will actually cut and sew your suit have their hands in the fitting process. The path I originally chose was basically jacked up MTM and the results were consistent with that. That is not what I want. I'm going to Naples next month and depending on how that goes, may order a few more things. I will report my experience when I return.

Thank you, and it's generous of you to consider posting photographs and your impressions.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Any idea when the rubinacci e-shop will open? I'm dying for some of their accessories

foo.gif
?

- B

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Penis is...vaguely yin-yang.

Well, when you really want to be coming and going....

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
This thread is the worst of Styleforum.
I've removed it from my subscriptions. I only stopped in because I saw you posted ... and assumed it might actually be something about Rubinacci.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I've removed it from my subscriptions. I only stopped in because I saw you posted ... and assumed it might actually be something about Rubinacci.

There are maybe five or six members who can talk about Rubinacci in any meaningful way. When they do, they're attacked for being shills--in the self-titled Rubinacci thread, nonetheless.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
There are maybe five or six members who can talk about Rubinacci in any meaningful way. When they do, they're attacked for being shills--in the self-titled Rubinacci thread, nonetheless.

Have you even met Bryan Ferry ?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Have you even met Bryan Ferry ?

Originally Posted by iammatt
Yes.

At least one Bryan Ferry meeting is included with every Rubinacci order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads