• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today we introduce you to Feedback 101 .... On one end of the spectrum, please learn to avoid bukake and hyperbole ... it really serves no purpose ... since it doesn't make the recipient any better.
Originally Posted by Bull
How many ways can you say "flawless"? God damn. This is a solid example of killing it on all fronts. Great work. Who made the jacket btw? Perfect.
On the other end of the spectrum, please realize that un-constructive drivel and poor attempts at snark really serves no purpose ... since it doesn't make the recipient any better.
Originally Posted by bigbris1
plain.gif
No Meh
uhoh.gif
Still at it, huh?
facepalm.gif
PS: where's teh fattie with the beard? meh
icon_eek.gif
The lapels motion is getting me seasick. Wish you had went with a sleeker shoe, otherwise I like the tones. **** bracelets and official FNB tie aside, this is a nice fit. This is OK

Find somewhere in the middle ... where the commentary is actionable and constructive and people will appreciate the thoughtful commentary that will help them become better (which in the case of this thread, i assume is) dressers.
s_492be279fad9c064f869e3965a2da883.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diggin the cut and shades. Many will hate on the shoes (
foo.gif
ish angle).

Bris out.

Peace!

Thank you

The haters have been rather quiet, Double B. I'm not putting that down to being irreproachable, mind. I think Vox has become tired of mentioning his dislike, at least

I'd like to see your assessments more often. I reread your mockery of my Afro and my pose from one of last year's digests not long ago, and was inclined to agree now, as I did then

Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
im a pretty awkward size i think 6"2/ or 3 with a very slim build.also, a lot of my clothes came from my baggy stage.meaning it was a look that i was going for.i tried to change this style and transition into a more appropriate look for my age (31).
since visiting here i have noticed what shirts in my wordrobe have a better fit.mainly the ones that accentuate my body type more and are not baggy...a year or so from now i think i will have re invented myself into something that fits me and is stylish.its been tough so far, i actually had to learn how to shop for myself all over again and not pic out 36" jeants when 33 or 34 fit me without looking like some hood rat teenager!!!

You're me from 9 years ago. Albeit, slimmer

My advice is not only to seek slimmer clothing, but an aesthetic as well. Find around 3 people (and perhaps the work of particular tailors) whose styles you would like to appropriate and be inspired

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
You're me from 9 years ago. Albeit, slimmer

My advice is not only to seek slimmer clothing, but an aesthetic as well. Find around 3 people (and perhaps the work of particular tailors) whose styles you would like to appropriate and be inspired

a long road ahead i have but you are right.in comparison to what i see here i can only think of a few men who have great style.one of them is an openly gay executive but his clothing/style is rivaled by very few here that i work with.i guess the point is to surround myself with stylish individuals to develop my own style of a good type.By the way this word "aesthetic" kind off hurt me.it implies that i am tasteless no?its alright though, for where i came from i am way ahead of the pack!
frown.gif

your words although some what brutal have much truth and wisdom behind them and for that i thank you!

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
a long road ahead i have but you are right.in comparison to what i see here i can only think of a few men who have great style.one of them is an openly gay executive but his clothing/style is rivaled by very few here that i work with.i guess the point is to surround myself with stylish individuals to develop my own style of a good type.By the way this word "aesthetic" kind off hurt me.it implies that i am tasteless no?its alright though, for where i came from i am way ahead of the pack!
frown.gif

your words although some what brutal have much truth and wisdom behind them and for that i thank you!

i think by aesthetic he meant style ... develop your own style. i don't think it was a reference to your up-bringing or sense of taste.

you have a good attitude ... and i believe your transformation will make for great before and after shots ... that is if you are not a troll ... lol.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i think by aesthetic he meant style ... develop your own style. i don't think it was a reference to your up-bringing or sense of taste.

you have a good attitude ... and i believe your transformation will make for great before and after shots ... that is if you are not a troll ... lol.

I troll as a defense mechanism from time to time but am no troll.im actually an admin on a few forums(not related to style)and im in charge of keeping trolling to a minimum...

But thanks for clearing that up.i dont usually admit when someone says something that bothers me but he seemed sincere without the intent to do harm.

anyway, i will be providing some after shots so that you can see what i evolve into
smile.gif

YOgun27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Flying under the radar & getting ready for Friday's SpooChallenge..

Spotsday
100907-1.jpg

What are the details on this fantastic tie?!?

spoozy

Reaction score
Flying under the radar & getting ready for Friday's SpooChallenge.. Brownday
100906-1.jpg
Spotsday
100907-1.jpg
GreyDay
100908-1.jpg
Epic, truly epic. The cut, the colours, the ties. Masterpieces.
Originally Posted by MrChris
Unfortunately no full body pics today.
3agyofx0.jpg

Really diggin the colour combo. Nice work!
Haven't done this in a while so I went back a week. ... The BD collar ruined this, otherwise I like it. A lot.
Thx man. Although you didn´t give full approve, your words are appreciated.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
(...)
IMG_1448.jpg
Mr K lapel flower ...
inlove.gif

That rocks. Seriously, i love the cut of that jacket. Great colourplay on the tie and the shirt. Anything i might have swapped are shoes...still: Killer!
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Today we introduce you to Feedback 101 .... On one end of the spectrum, please learn to avoid bukake and hyperbole ... it really serves no purpose ... since it doesn't make the recipient any better. On the other end of the spectrum, please realize that un-constructive drivel and poor attempts at snark really serves no purpose ... since it doesn't make the recipient any better. Find somewhere in the middle ... where the commentary is actionable and constructive and people will appreciate the thoughtful commentary that will help them become better (which in the case of this thread, i assume is) dressers. ...
Nii, i am always impressed by your postings, not only the textile ones. You must be a man of great taste and politeness, and i always like what you are writing. Keep it going. And here is the thing i was sporting today (for higher res pics, go to kleidsam.blogspot.com):
080920101806.jpg
080920101808.jpg
080920101810.jpg
080920101809.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...W/100907-1.jpg
Originally Posted by MrChris
http://www.imagehost.se/images/3agyofx0.jpg

Good use of accent ties.

Haven't done this in a while so I went back a week.

Epic feedback length.

Originally Posted by spoozy
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OebD8eO2yp...0920101806.jpg

Very intriguing jacket. Yellow overcheck seems really though to co-ordinate, but this is a good attempt.

sept08002.jpg
sept08001.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy

080920101808.jpg

Too much going on here for my liking.

Lose the cardigan, plain blue shirt, different links, a yellow patterned bow and I'd be on board with you.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Good use of accent ties.
sept08002.jpg

Normally i am not a fan of printed ties. But this combination is an A+. Or a 1, I guess, for our Euromembers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads