• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nau Jacket owners

kable132

Reaction score
im a little wary of ordering clothing online so if anyone who owns a nau riding jacket please tell me how you like it ,and if you could post a picture. i would like to see what it looks like on normal people that arent 6'2 well built black supermodels with great lighting.

006m01_233_1_10.jpg

kable132

Reaction score
i dont know what the rules are about bumping your own thread but i was hoping atleast one person on this site would own or atleast know of a better picture of these jackets.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kable132
im a little wary of ordering clothing online so if anyone who owns a nau riding jacket please tell me how you like it ,and if you could post a picture. i would like to see what it looks like on normal people that arent 6'2 well built black supermodels with great lighting.

The issue is that 95% of the posters in Mens Clothing are 6'2 well built black supermodels, so sorry, we can't really help. But try Streetwear and Denim.

kable132

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
The issue is that 95% of the posters in Mens Clothing are 6'2 well built black supermodels, so sorry, we can't really help. But try Streetwear and Denim.

the world just isnt fair
frown.gif

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had one for the past couple of years and wear it all the time during the fall/winter. Highly recommended.

I think Nau makes some really choice "technical urban" pieces (though I'm not sure how many of them I would actually take into the mountains - and I snowboard a lot in the Cascades), and this is one of them.

The cut is great, very soft stylish shoulders, and the fabric is water/wind repellent enough that you can wear it out with a sweater on most days and be fine. It is a killer travel piece - you can ball it up and there are no wrinkles when you pull it out. I got it the first year when they only offered the dark color and it works great - very neutral and versatile.

As a rule, Nau stuff tends to run small in the jackets. I am a fairly standard L and generally take an XL in their soft shells or fleece. If it helps, I am a US 42R (depending upon jacket cut) or a 44R in Euro jacket sizing and I have an XL in this and it fits like a glove.

If I have a gripe, it is that the sleeves run about two inches too long (this is true of all Nau jackets and shirts) and they have working buttons, so you can't shorten them.

If you still have Qs on sizing, I would just call their customer care line. Pretty small but knowledgeable staff that can probably help resolve any Qs you might have...

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Damn, you just made me want one.

kable132

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spark
I have had one for the past couple of years and wear it all the time during the fall/winter. Highly recommended.

I think Nau makes some really choice "technical urban" pieces (though I'm not sure how many of them I would actually take into the mountains - and I snowboard a lot in the Cascades), and this is one of them.

The cut is great, very soft stylish shoulders, and the fabric is water/wind repellent enough that you can wear it out with a sweater on most days and be fine. It is a killer travel piece - you can ball it up and there are no wrinkles when you pull it out. I got it the first year when they only offered the dark color and it works great - very neutral and versatile.

As a rule, Nau stuff tends to run small in the jackets. I am a fairly standard L and generally take an XL in their soft shells or fleece. If it helps, I am a US 42R (depending upon jacket cut) or a 44R in Euro jacket sizing and I have an XL in this and it fits like a glove.

If I have a gripe, it is that the sleeves run about two inches too long (this is true of all Nau jackets and shirts) and they have working buttons, so you can't shorten them.

If you still have Qs on sizing, I would just call their customer care line. Pretty small but knowledgeable staff that can probably help resolve any Qs you might have...

thank you so much for the review,you dont happen to have any pictures do you?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a Nau coat and love it. Smart design - very warm and has a pocket everywhere I need one.

lefty

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spark

Thanks so much for the post - I've had that exact jacket in my list of "kinda-wanna, maybe's" for all the same reasons as the Ops. Your post has strongly nudged me into the "really should" category.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy to help.

I have quite a few of their pieces and this is probably my favorite..or the one that gets the most day to day use and is a "must" (right next to my rollie) when packing for a trip.

Other jackets that they offer that I dig - although completely different - are the courier windshirt and the Shroud of Purrin softshell.

The windshirt is very light, but very, very cool. Great over a T or light fleece. I've been asked twice of it was by Prada ("No, it's actually well built") I have this in an L and it is form fitting.

The Shroud is bitchin' - I always get asked about it. Pretty breathable for a SShell (as opposed to Arcteryx stuff), but the cut is minimalist killer and it is pretty versatile... I wear it in town and when riding on warmer and clearer days. I could have gone for an L in this, but I wanted some room to layer underneath so went up; an L would have been very limiting sizewise for anything but casual use.

Spendy yes, but they always run sales at the end of the season and these are all core pieces of their F/W lineup.

On a completely different note - My wife has the Shround of Purrin trench and is always fending off girlfriend who want to buy it.Immensely practical and stylish and not on everyone else's back. She's been stopped by strangers in both Paris and NYC to ask where she got it.

unrooted

Reaction score
Did any of you end up buying the NAU Riding Jacket?

you should have years of wear in order to make a thorough evaluation of durability and style.

I just ordered one cause it was on sale, and I think I like the Raven Color. We shall see though. I have never purchased, nor owned, a Blazer or Suit, but I know how they SHOULD fit. Hopefully the sleeves will be long enough without the shoulders falling to my elbows. I'm 6'4" tall with a 6'7" wingspan, 195 pounds with most of my muscle in my back thanks to too much rock climbing and too little weight lifting. I ordered an XL I sure hope this jacket works out cause I like the idea of a sporty jacket that has a "dress" look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads