• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Parker - I'd say yes to both with the latter an absolute certainty. I was with Bryan when he picked it up along with half a dozen micro cords suits about a year and a half ago in London. Quite a cool experienece and a very nice, down-to-earth fellow

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Foo and Nay's suit shoulders have 'normal' shoulder treatment.

Mine don't. Everything I have is spalla camicia.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Mine don't. Everything I have is spalla camicia.

My bad. I thought Nay said something about the default being spalla on 'casual' jackets like sportcoats, etc and normal treatment on suits.

Must just be for his.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
My bad. I thought Nay said something about the default being spalla on 'casual' jackets like sportcoats, etc and normal treatment on suits.

Must just be for his.

I believe his are mixed as according to purpose, as you say. But the spalla camicia that Rubinacci seems to do most is pretty subtle. It can be hard to distinguish from open seam shoulders in photos.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
worship.gif
That is super cool.

Originally Posted by whnay.
Parker - I'd say yes to both with the latter an absolute certainty. I was with Bryan when he picked it up along with half a dozen micro cords suits about a year and a half ago in London. Quite a cool experienece and a very nice, down-to-earth fellow

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe his are mixed as according to purpose, as you say. But the spalla camicia that Rubinacci seems to do most is pretty subtle. It can be hard to distinguish from open seam shoulders in photos.
That's right Foo - shirt sleeves for casual for me. More of a "built up" shoulder and no shirt sleeve treatment for business.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's right Foo - shirt sleeves for casual for me. More of a "built up" shoulder and no shirt sleeve treatment for business.
Bill - any more pics of your newer stuff being worn? This thread needs moar pics.
moar.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

Angry business?

- B

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Angry business?

- B

Is there any other kind?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do some shoulders on R suits look like the left most in the pic below, something like a shallow horizontal S Pic from Esquire
esq-how-it-should-fit-clothing-chart-2-0909.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What about on your dinner jacket? It's for pleasure, not business, yet it's also not casual . . . your system would drive me mad.

Originally Posted by aj_del
Why do some shoulders on R suits look like the left most in the pic below, something like a shallow horizontal S

Pic from Esquire
esq-how-it-should-fit-clothing-chart-2-0909.jpg

Because Esquire is often wrong.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
What about on your dinner jacket? It's for pleasure, not business, yet it's also not casual . . . your system would drive me mad.

whnay. could change careers and become a maÃ
00ae.png
tre d' if that would make his shoulder treatment choices more sensible to you.

Just let me know and I'll speak to him.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JPHardy
Thats Funny!

An angry maÃ
00ae.png
tre d' at Per Se would really spice things up there, especially if a customer came by in a plaid flannel shirt.

- B

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads