• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Recommend me the good stuff at uniqlo, I'm going for my first time in a couple weeks. I know to look out for their basics, I'm looking to score a bunch of plain shirts there and a couple plain OCBDs. But what else should I look out for?

EDIT: can people also explain +J to me? From my understanding it's uniqlo's collab with an outside designer, but I could be completely wrong.

DeliciousFruits

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Navy/White or Black/White horizontal striped, long-sleeve shirt (sailor shirt.) Any suggestions?

epilepc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LuvRawDenim
Can someone recommend me a nice backpack? I'm looking for something to wear to school, but that looks classy. Preferably not too expensive though.

I got the Jack Spade Cordura Backpack on sale for 120 shipped. But it's on sale right now so you can take an additional 25% off (code: GIMME25. lol it ends at 11:59 today) + 15% if you sign up for the newsletter.

Hurry!
http://www.jackspade.com/shop/produc...20071&cat=347#

keredog

Reaction score
What are your guy's thoughts on the Wool Sperry's? I'm convinced that they're bad-ass but the wool is throwing me off.

0687202_1_700x700.jpg

captmomo

Reaction score
Can someone recommend me a place to get a decent pair of chelsea boots?

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
Recommend me the good stuff at uniqlo, I'm going for my first time in a couple weeks. I know to look out for their basics, I'm looking to score a bunch of plain shirts there and a couple plain OCBDs. But what else should I look out for?

EDIT: can people also explain +J to me? From my understanding it's uniqlo's collab with an outside designer, but I could be completely wrong.

Jeans are a big one, the S-001 and T-000 are fantastic for the price, I wear T-000s every day.
+J is Uniqlo's ongoing collaboration with the famous minimalist designer Jil Sander.

Originally Posted by keredog
What are your guy's thoughts on the Wool Sperry's? I'm convinced that they're bad-ass but the wool is throwing me off.

0687202_1_700x700.jpg

Buy it if you like it, I think boat shoes in general are really played out at this point.

Originally Posted by captmomo
Can someone recommend me a place to get a decent pair of chelsea boots?

beatwear.co.uk

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Jeans are a big one, the S-001 and T-000 are fantastic for the price, I wear T-000s every day.
+J is Uniqlo's ongoing collaboration with the famous minimalist designer Jil Sander.

****, I already have too many pairs of jeans. How are their button ups? I'm specifically looking at their OCBDs right now.

lawlercon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sebastianm
Im looking for a pair of shoes similar to these just without the "boat-shoes"ishs strings on the side. Anybody having a suggestion?
timberland-abington-boat-wedge-2.jpg

not sure what price range you're looking for, but if you want a high quality shoe that will last you forever, check out: http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footw...il-oxford.html

i'm waiting for mine to arrive. :]

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
****, I already have too many pairs of jeans. How are their button ups? I'm specifically looking at their OCBDs right now.

If they fit you or can be tailored to fit you, their premium cloth shirts are a good buy. All the Uniqlo shirts and tees are too roomy for me, though.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
suggestions for reasonably priced well fitting v-neck sweaters? a varying colour selection would be nice as well

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
suggestions for reasonably priced well fitting v-neck sweaters? a varying colour selection would be nice as well

Uniqlo, actually, is probably your best bet. Other than that I really don't know, knits (as well as shoes and leather goods) really reward buying slightly above your usual bracket.

just another fool

Reaction score
first post. have an anniversary with my gf coming up and she's asking for gift ideas for me. i'm thinking i need a pair of brown leather oxfords, maybe saddle shoes that can be a bit dressy and also be casual. aka something i can wear a good amount. we're both students, so i'm looking at ~$100. any recommendations would be appreciated highly!

aoluffy

Reaction score
reccomend me some slim/straight (not skinny) raw denim black jeans please. price range maximum $150, preferably less

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads