• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
http://imgur.com/X9SkH.jpg

Would run me 510. Strongly considering it.

Those are dope, but honestly I'd buy the Trickers x Present over those all day. I think they look better, I believe quality will be a bit better, and they are actually cheaper.

http://present-london.com/trickers/n...e-brogue-boot/

489_img0011.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^I will be selling my pair brand new in box look out for it soon.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^I will be selling my pair brand new in box look out for it soon.

Stowe's or one of Present's collabs?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Jet: Of the green or navy Trickers or the Aldens? Don't think you're my size but could be wrong as I recall you selling some APC boots a while back I was into.

by the way here are the FlorsheimxDB shell offerings for this season. The navy boots look pretty damned good.
blog_florsheim_duckie_01_grid_3.jpg

I am considering grabbing the green longwings on the right at some point, maybe sale time. 400 MSRP is way too much for them but would pay 200 range or so.

florsheim-duckie-brown-2010-fall-4.jpg

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love those Trickers

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would run me 510. Strongly considering it.

what color belt would you wear with this? brown would look wrong and I doubt black would work. blue might be too matchy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Stowe's or one of Present's collabs?

green collab 9uk

Jet: Of the green or navy Trickers or the Aldens? Don't think you're my size but could be wrong as I recall you selling some APC boots a while back I was into.

see above

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if my clothing was more dark in color id wear black. if my clothing was lighter id wear brown.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
what color belt would you wear with this? brown would look wrong and I doubt black would work. blue might be too matchy.

A belt in gray in the same shade I think would work well.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I'd probably match the soles if I even wore a belt. Not super worried about it. Onion is right, a dark grey would probably be fine. I don't have a ton of belts or anything. I'll have to get a couple more at some point but it is an area I intentionally cheap out on.

acl1

Reaction score
92089M050009_1_2.jpg
d_76a27978610f8153fa1e.jpg
Spring Courts vs. Thorogood I've had some positive experience with Thorogood, which is very high quality for the pricepoint, but none with spring courts. What's SC sizing like?

Nobunny

Reaction score
Cot damn, those shoes are fugly. Stay away from em, dude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads