• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beware, Schott wool is extra itchy. And it sheds fibres all over the damn place, on your furniture and whatever shirt you're wearing.

Solex

Reaction score
Hello iam new to the forum.

For the upcomming winter iam currently looking into a Sterlingwear M22 Classic Peacoat. Or as a second choise the Schott 740(C).
Iam looking for a slim fit, no need for 3 extra layers of clothing underneath.

Chest size, just above the nipples 40.2". (102cm)
Waist size 35". (89cm)
Hip size 35.4". (90cm)
weight 196 pounds. (77kgs)
length 68.1" 5.67 foot. (173cm)

Any suggestions on what size I should go for?
Thanks alot!
Alex

mintyfresh

Reaction score
Hey all

I have a 36R Sterlingwear Authentic in very very good condition if anyone is interested. Worn for only a month last year. $120 shipped. PM me if interested.

PattyC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Thought I'd make one more useful contributions to this threak.

Oliver Spencer
pr_OSJ130b-Lookout-Coat-Otter-Charcoal.jpg

I was going to buy this in a heartbeat until I saw the back

OSJ130b-Lookout-Coat-Otter-Charcoal-back.jpg

The sleeves ruined the whole thing for me

Ren

Reaction score
I was looking for a jacket that I could work as both semi dress wear and casual and I really like the look of the Sterlingwear peacoat. I've never bought anything online before so I'm a little worried about not trying it on first because I live in Canada.

Any sizing suggestions for a 41" chest 15.5" neck and a 32" waist? I'm 5'11" and about 170 pounds with a fairly muscular build. Would any of you suggest the 4 button classic or the navigator over the authentic? Any help would be much appreciated as I'm pretty new to this dressing well world!

masterllama

Reaction score
If i fit perfectly in a H&M peacoat size 36R, what size should I get in the sterlingwear authentic peacoat?? I'm debating between the 34 and 36.

I also fit fairly well into a j. crew peacut size small.

joei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Beware, Schott wool is extra itchy. And it sheds fibres all over the damn place, on your furniture and whatever shirt you're wearing.

Thanks for the heads up, I was actually planning on purchasing one for this winter. Either a peacoat or duffle coat from them

Originally Posted by thenanyu
in general Uniqlo peas are better this year than previous ones.

+1 but they run really narrow so beware if your big guy or have broad shoulders like me.

Reaction score
bear with me here, this is a terrible picture, I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts, and it was taken with haste. I tried to edit it so you could actually see the coat. Got this really cheap a while back but I'm beginning to dislike it
confused.gif
The collar has nylon on the back and doesn't really stand up well. Also, I think it could be slimmer around the torso? I was thinking about getting a new navy one (this one's dark gray). Any recommendations? I'm 5'11' 150 lbs, layering at most just a shirt and sweater. Not really looking to spend much, thus considering uniqlo.

30dfrib.png

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unknowinglyforgotten
bear with me here, this is a terrible picture, I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts, and it was taken with haste. I tried to edit it so you could actually see the coat. Got this really cheap a while back but I'm beginning to dislike it
confused.gif
The collar has nylon on the back and doesn't really stand up well. Also, I think it could be slimmer around the torso? I was thinking about getting a new navy one (this one's dark gray). Any recommendations? I'm 5'11' 150 lbs, layering at most just a shirt and sweater. Not really looking to spend much, thus considering uniqlo. http://i54.tinypic.com/30dfrib.png[/IMG[/I]
I don't think it looks so bad, I usually like my coats to fit bigger so I can layer (when it dips to -40 and below a peacoat on its own just doesn't cut it). I've got a fairly slim fitting peacoat which I really like, but it gets a bit chilly sometimes because the best I can do is a thin sweater underneath. Where's it from?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
I don't think it looks so bad, I usually like my coats to fit bigger so I can layer (when it dips to -40 and below a peacoat on its own just doesn't cut it). I've got a fairly slim fitting peacoat which I really like, but it gets a bit chilly sometimes because the best I can do is a thin sweater underneath.

Where's it from?

kenneth cole reaction lmao...two buttons came off within a month or two of wear, had to resew them. It has a more older cut to it I think, and I'm quite young (
blush.gif
) so I think something more modernized would fit my style better. Something like that ToJ peacoat, but with a constricted budget.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads