• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does seem to have gone off a cliff the last few pages. Maybe the long weekend? Weird.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
while things suck may as well post this and ask if it works better than those skinny blue jeans from last time:
tumblr_l8dg0cGKJ01qbmp06.jpg

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZhiMingBuFanDe
IMO, it's not the best idea to wear skinny jeans with work boots. Fit on shirt is pretty spot-on.
I disagree on this statement, because i think it can look rather nice. However, i agree something looks off with those. It's like the laces are really loose or something
Originally Posted by aeglus
while things suck may as well post this and ask if it works better than those skinny blue jeans from last time:
tumblr_l8dg0cGKJ01qbmp06.jpg

I'm not feeling the boot tuck but everything else looks nice. It does look better than the jeans, as the jeans are more drapey looking than the skintight jeans

jaac

Reaction score
I dunno, it's not bad it just seems off, i think your casual looks like that last one with the jeans and the white trickers look infinately better on you dude. But i get your just trying new stuff and having fun so go with it. Not a fan of the hair in that pic though, normally i like your hair too.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good IMO aeglus.

the only thing wrong with the tuck the other time was the indigo jeans; i think black is needed. would probably look most appropriate with some beat up black skinny jeans.

Cheese1

Reaction score
looks really really dark. are those black jeans or is the lighting just doing that?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZhiMingBuFanDe
IMO, it's not the best idea to wear skinny jeans with work boots. Fit on shirt is pretty spot-on.
What goes good w/work boots? Would slim fit chinos work, or is the problem the fact that slim pants + chunky boots = feedback loop of the appearance of twiggy legs + swollen feet? I'm looking to get those Wolverines but am also planning on relying heavily on raw denim this winter

Surreal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
looks really really dark. are those black jeans or is the lighting just doing that?

They are black jeans, but I agree, the picture looks darker than real life. The blazer is lighter irl, too.

Also, I am expecting to get "blazer too large" but believe me, it fits perfectly. The shoulders end just where they should. I have very wide upper back/shoulder part and narrow waist, so I think sometimes it might look larger. I was told the black pants are "baggy" but it's bs, if I get even smaller jeans than those (which will be hard because these already fit well) then the body will start to look unsymmetrical imo!

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by surrender
Man, I've been seriously wondering how people can wear knits or jackets at this time of year. It's been in the 90's every day for the past few weeks here, with no sign of letting up any time soon.
Um because you're in college station TX and I'm about 2000 miles north of you? Just me though.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*EDIT* n/m

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surreal
They are black jeans, but I agree, the picture looks darker than real life. The blazer is lighter irl, too.

Also, I am expecting to get "blazer too large" but believe me, it fits perfectly. The shoulders end just where they should. I have very wide upper back/shoulder part and narrow waist, so I think sometimes it might look larger. I was told the black pants are "baggy" but it's bs, if I get even smaller jeans than those (which will be hard because these already fit well) then the body will start to look unsymmetrical imo!

Jeans aren't too baggy but they need a hem. Jacket is too big, just cause it fits in the shoulders doesn't mean it fits everywhere else.

Surreal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
Jeans aren't too baggy but they need a hem. Jacket is too big, just cause it fits in the shoulders doesn't mean it fits everywhere else.

Ok, that sucks. What do you mean by jeans needing a hem?

Surreal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
They aren't tapered enough to have so much extra fabric at the bottom, so you should get them shortened so they lay nicer on the shoes. imo

By shortened, do you mean I should just roll them up a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads