• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
I'm not sure that they have a ton left, I went to my local BR and they only had the display pair.

i actually meant online

Blog Marley

Reaction score
I really hate being that guy but I would really appreciate some sizing help. The only pair of Clarks DBs I like are sold out in an 11.5 I'm typically a 12/13 more 12 than 13 could I get away with an 11 or 12?

click here

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
I really hate being that guy but I would really appreciate some sizing help. The only pair of Clarks DBs I like are sold out in an 11.5 I'm typically a 12/13 more 12 than 13 could I get away with an 11 or 12?

Given the choice, I would go with the 12.

thebarsmydestination

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about the "Ecostyle" DBs? Until yesterday (when I found a pair in a shady Brooklyn sport shop) I didn't know they existed. They have different, uglier laces but -- comparing them to my regular black suede DBs -- have a softly lined ankle and a nicer footbed. They also claim to be more eco-friendly and ethically manufactured; the fit seems slightly different and the leather is maybe better? It's hard to judge.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Madrid yesterday and saw some Burgundy Leather Clark DBs that looked amazing but were selling for like 130 Euros... big ripoff

any idea where i can kop online or something?

PattyC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley

I wear a size 12 in most shoes and size 11 DB's fit me perfectly.

mossmadness88

Reaction score
DB's fit real big. Using legit American sizing (like Red Wing), if you are a 10.5 D, go to a 9.5.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossmadness88
DB's fit real big. Using legit American sizing (like Red Wing), if you are a 10.5 D, go to a 9.5.

I only found them to fit a half size smaller than running shoes. For instance, I wear 10.5 in just about all running shoes as well as most dress shoes. I wear a 9.5 in Red Wing GT and Wolverine 1000 mile and the Clark's DB in 10 fits me well with medium weight socks.

clark kent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebarsmydestination
Does anybody know anything about the "Ecostyle" DBs? Until yesterday (when I found a pair in a shady Brooklyn sport shop) I didn't know they existed. They have different, uglier laces but -- comparing them to my regular black suede DBs -- have a softly lined ankle and a nicer footbed. They also claim to be more eco-friendly and ethically manufactured; the fit seems slightly different and the leather is maybe better? It's hard to judge.

theyre part of the ecostyle line as you said. pretty much "high" end desert boots and wallabees. theres really not much of a difference.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what color this dude is wearing?

79080552.jpg

Pulseczar

Reaction score
Do the DBs cover your ankles? I'm taking a motorcycle riding class and they require a pair of boots that cover your ankles.

More importantly, would any rider recommend these boots for riding?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pulseczar
Do the DBs cover your ankles? I'm taking a motorcycle riding class and they require a pair of boots that cover your ankles.

More importantly, would any rider recommend these boots for riding?

First question: Yes.

Second question: No. Unless said rider wanted you to get your ass kicked at the hog watering hole. But go ahead and try it, and while you're at it, wear a nice pink button-down shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads