• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aah what the hell.

With special promo discount for Labour day its $94 for 3 Oxford button Downs delivered to my door - all in - from Landsend.

I'll let youse all know how it goes - if I have to get them taken in or sell them here.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Years ago in my sartorial dreaming I imagined having two semi casual cotton suits, un-lined (I think buggy lined is the correct term), double vent, two button, everything the same except colour.

One in tan and one in a not too dark blue. I'd mix and match them around; jacket, pants, blue/tan, suit, tan/blue, avec knit tie /sans tie, a few blue oxfords, white oxfords, tan shoes, suede chukkas, - you get the picture, for those hot summer days at work. Smart , practical, not too try hard, not too sloppy.

Lately I've been having the same idea pop up again. But I've never seen anything around that comes close to being right.

Surely I'm not the only one who'd go for this?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
aah what the hell.

With special promo discount for Labour day its $94 for 3 Oxford button Downs delivered to my door - all in - from Landsend.

I'll let youse all know how it goes - if I have to get them taken in or sell them here.

I don't know if the cut of the collar will be the same, but I ordered a few of the Lands End "tailored fit" paintbrush dress shirts just a few weeks ago, and the tailored fit is quite slim. In fact, at least in the more casual shirts, it's just about as slim at the Herringbone slim-fit - maybe not quite as slim, but nearly there.

This model, for example, has a nice collar roll and is from their tailored fit range:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/LongSleev...8&origin=index

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Surely I'm not the only one who'd go for this?

No you're not. But finding these sorts of suits in Australia is very difficult.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
I got my suit back from Final Touch late last week. After a hiccup with the cuffs (I requested 5 cm cuffs... they were 3.5 cm cuffs, fixed it overnight), overall a good result. I had the sleeves shortened ($50) and the pants hemmed ($45). He discounted for the cock up on the hemming which was appreciated (dropped to $30). Tonys a nice bloke as well.

The suit is a Benjamin Satorial from eHaberdasher and is vedy nice. Super 140s, dual vented, full floating canvas, 7 inch drop for total $600AU shipped. Quite a slim fit so didn't need waist suppression. I'll post some pics if I get a chance this week.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I don't know if the cut of the collar will be the same, but I ordered a few of the Lands End "tailored fit" paintbrush dress shirts just a few weeks ago, and the tailored fit is quite slim. In fact, at least in the more casual shirts, it's just about as slim at the Herringbone slim-fit - maybe not quite as slim, but nearly there. This model, for example, has a nice collar roll and is from their tailored fit range: http://www.landsend.com/pp/LongSleeveSolidOriginalOxfordShirt~193087_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::AI8&CM_MERCH=IDX_00001__0000000008&origin=index
Thats exactly what I just ordered, 2 light blue 1 white. $94 delivered as I said. Only thing put me off was the one review - said it fitted her husband great and looked good --- with his Jerry Garcia tie!!! wtf - old hippies - gah I hope they are ok fit. I can get shirts taken in sides and sleeve for $25 edit:Lands End from OCBD thread vvhttp://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=144

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
No you're not. But finding these sorts of suits in Australia is very difficult.
Peter Christian below. Almost but not there - sadly 3 buttons , no tan, pleats on troos, a bit boxy but good price if the fit is ok. At around $340 for two summer suits it bears some investigation. http://www.peterchristian.co.uk/Cata...ats/Chino-Suit

that_80s_guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
I got my suit back from Final Touch late last week. After a hiccup with the cuffs (I requested 5 cm cuffs... they were 3.5 cm cuffs, fixed it overnight), overall a good result. I had the sleeves shortened ($50) and the pants hemmed ($45). He discounted for the cock up on the hemming which was appreciated (dropped to $30). Tonys a nice bloke as well.

The suit is a Benjamin Satorial from eHaberdasher and is vedy nice. Super 140s, dual vented, full floating canvas, 7 inch drop for total $600AU shipped. Quite a slim fit so didn't need waist suppression. I'll post some pics if I get a chance this week.

I have had 3 suits, 2 jackets, a bunch of pants done by Tony at Final Touch (after recommendation on here). He is an absolute champ and is happy to spend the time with you to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. If something came back I wasnt 100% happy with, he gets it fixed without a problem.
I cant recommend him highly enough.

johnannemarie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by that_80s_guy
I have had 3 suits, 2 jackets, a bunch of pants done by Tony at Final Touch (after recommendation on here). He is an absolute champ and is happy to spend the time with you to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. If something came back I wasnt 100% happy with, he gets it fixed without a problem.
I cant recommend him highly enough.

Same, same. I've had sine Burberry, EZ, Versace, and Armani of varying types and I have had excellent results from all. I couldn't recommend him enough

mrbig

Reaction score
After a long abscence;

80s_guy, does Tony have the goods to give me working cuffs? or more specifically, to alter the sleeve from the sleevehead? In other words, would you take a Tom Ford suit you spent half your kid's college fund on to him?

Also thought I'd let y'all know Philippe Perzi in London Court (Perth) is having a closing down sale. Fabrics are quite nice, $129 a shirt.

that_80s_guy

Reaction score
I am sure he would be more than happy to have a chat to you about it. I have had him do a massive adjustment on a Burberry suit bringing the shoulders in and cutting down the pants, and I think it is a great job.
Another option might be Joseph Anthony http://www.josephanthony.com.au/
I havent tried them though.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbig
After a long abscence;

80s_guy, does Tony have the goods to give me working cuffs? or more specifically, to alter the sleeve from the sleevehead? In other words, would you take a Tom Ford suit you spent half your kid's college fund on to him?

Also thought I'd let y'all know Philippe Perzi in London Court (Perth) is having a closing down sale. Fabrics are quite nice, $129 a shirt.

Thanks for the tip... I'll pop in tomorrow and have a look

3ff3z8e

Reaction score
Hey John,

just wondering if the pants from the Benjamin Sartorial Suit has any fabric to let out? Looks pretty interesting to me as a general purpose suit.

Oh and does anyone has a recommendation for a semi decent alterations tailor in sydney that can do a reasonable job of shortening the hem of my current 2 suits by an inch?

Thanks heaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads