• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your closet

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Mine is in a relative state of organization today (finally caught up on my shirt ironing) so I took a few snaps:

Trousers (those are bow ties on a rack on the wall):

img2449w.jpg

Ties, braces, belts:

img2451.jpg

Sportcoats and suits are on the bottom right (below the shirts)

img2458.jpg

Shirts (need to thin out a few):

img2460.jpg

Shoes, books, hat boxes:

img2463ky.jpg

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus christ. Your Aldens alone are worth more than I make in a year. :/

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is truly beautiful, traditional and slightly dated, but beautiful.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, let's try this out...

dressingroom1.jpeg

dressingroom2.jpeg

I went with an affordable IKEA system. The shelves are hollow core, but they have a pretty good lacquer finish (no foil) and the metal hardware is really solid.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
that's gorgeous!!
+ 1 Cannot wait to do my big custom wardrobe Going to be awesome

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks. I am a designer, but not an interior designer, so this was a fun challenge for me.

Sweaters are up on the top shelf, and other knits are folded up in the drawers. One of the drawers also has an organizer for belts, pocket squares, accessories, and my one (1) necktie.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
OK, let's try this out...

dressingroom1.jpeg

dressingroom2.jpeg

I went with an affordable IKEA system. The shelves are hollow core, but they have a pretty good lacquer finish (no foil) and the metal hardware is really solid.

Is that a real Barcelona chair or a knockoff? I've been looking for cheap knockoffs of the chair and the couch. I'm a small timer.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Is that a real Barcelona chair or a knockoff? I've been looking for cheap knockoffs of the chair and the couch. I'm a small timer.

Interested here as well.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. The Mies chair and ottoman have a vintage authentic frame, but the cushions are cheap knock-offs. They're kind of crappy, actually. I still wouldn't pay for licensed cushions (which cost about as much as a small car) but if I had it to do again I'd get better fakes.

The George Nelson wall clock, at least, is the real deal.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else try to store their dress/sport shirts folded like this? I want to do this for the aesthetic appeal and to save closet space, but I fear that it's going to give the 'I just bought the shirt and am wearing it now' appeal due to the lined wrinkles from being folded.
l1000339.jpg

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Anyone else try to store their dress/sport shirts folded like this? I want to do this for the aesthetic appeal and to save closet space, but I fear that it's going to give the 'I just bought the shirt and am wearing it now' appeal due to the lined wrinkles from being folded.
[]

Looks good. I store my shirts the same way. Just use a garment steamer to get the wrinkles out.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
Looks good. I store my shirts the same way. Just use a garment steamer to get the wrinkles out.
You use a steamer to iron out the wrinkles prior to wearing? Seems like it's such a hassle to do so in the morning, no? Especially when in a rush?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads