• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There's a pair of Marc Jacobs FW10 boots that are the definition of must kop for me, jodhpur lace ups with a zip back (sounds busy, but it's done really well). Not sure what the retail is, but I'd guess >2000 if pressed. Need to secure a means of finding them on sale at the end of the season

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn there are some really nice boots in here

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for boots that are versatile that I could wear to work, with a pair of jeans and when I'm out for a night on the town.

I've come up with 2 choices. I like the

Wolverine 1000 mile boot
wolverine-1000-mile-boots-hypebeast-2.jpg

and the Clarks desert original
clarks-desert-boots-ronnie-fieg-3-615x409.jpg

What are your thoughts/opinions?

lawlercon

Reaction score
both are extremely nice, it depends on what style you're currently wearing that would compliment the shoe.

clarks and very slim jeans can look odd at times, so if you're wearing extremely fitted jeans - you may want to stay away from them.

if you're in an area with a harsh winter, stay away from suede shoes - and go with the wolverines.

kvnknrd

Reaction score
two completely different styles, imo. i'd get the clarks because they're are as iconic to converse all stars, to me, a staple in a shoe collection. looks great almost all the time. I have two pairs myself.. and I am looking at a pair of wolverines right now myself. you can find the clarks online for like 60 if youre a smart shopper. get both!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted a suede clarks but I"m looking to get the beeswax clarks. I don't wear slim jeans so I"m good.

What's the price range for wolverine's?

mikeharo

Reaction score
How do the leather soles on the Wolverines do in wet weather? I imagine they are designed to be used in all weather conditions but the only reason I have not purchased them for fall and winter rain/snow is concerns about wearing them all day after walking in the rain and snow. Thoughts? Other options include Red Wings or similar with a vibram/rubber sole....

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeharo
How do the leather soles on the Wolverines do in wet weather? I imagine they are designed to be used in all weather conditions but the only reason I have not purchased them for fall and winter rain/snow is concerns about wearing them all day after walking in the rain and snow. Thoughts? Other options include Red Wings or similar with a vibram/rubber sole....

i just had mine topy'd, why don't you just do that

augustskies

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice, if any of you would be so kind. I recently moved to Ann Arbor for college, and need to pick up a pair of boots for the Michigan winter. Obviously they need to be water/snow resistant, but I'm looking for a pair that fulfill certain other requirements as well, chief among them:

1) I wear slim jeans, and would really like them to be tuck-able.
2) Good-looking
blush.gif

3) They have to last at least a few years (provided that they are treated with care, of course)

I'm willing to spend anywhere from $200-$450 on a pair of quality boots. Red Wings? Aldens? I know I can apply certain creams like Sno-Seal or Obenauf's to make leather water-resistant, but it would be my first time doing something like that.

Suggestions would be great. Thanks!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I take my boots (in sig) to a cobbler do you think laces can be put into the shoe?

Duppy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Just got my next pair of boots.
Custom made Vibergs in Mocha Brown.

web.jpg

web-2.jpg

web-1.jpg

Those are nice. I guess they're based on the Semi Dress Japan only boot.

Where did you get your custom done? The Viberg website is pretty limited.

jt2010

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking for a casual boot, in light brown, that isn't at all shiny, but rather in a suede or nubuck or similar type of leather, but that also has a heel no smaller than 1 3/8" and no bigger than 1 1/2". It should be waterproof so that in heavy rain my feet do not get any rain on them. My budget is $300. I like this type for example:
ironv.png
However, I want the heel to be larger. I want it to go with some light jeans I have. Like this guy:
jeansman.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads