• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Wes, amazing post. THANK YOU.

bigstar[1].gif

talldesk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Who's blobby now?!

Thanks Wes for the side-by-side comparison. Except for the wheeling, to me, the Chelsea and PA look almost identical. What's the price difference between them?

ShelterIslandMike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by politico
AE is great for those of us on a budget.

I picked up some closeout Soho's in cognac. They're great shoes, look amazing, and I get tons of compliments. It's a shame they discontinued such a good looking shoe.

any insights into why?

I don't know, but I bought the same shoe at the 20-30-40 % sale at the factory store. I like them, and could grow to love them, once my feet get used to the 0 last. They always look good, though.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured this would be as good a spot as any to ask my question.

Am I correct in assuming that the 'free shipping label' offered by Allen Edmonds for their recrafting is only for US residents, not your neighbours to the North?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of park aves in black because they were on sale on amazon warehouse for $82 (shipped). Kinda not my style overall, but they fill a hole in my shoe needs. A boring, cap-toe hole.

Anyhow, thought I would mention it on the forum, because there was little info on sizing down in the park aves while sizing up in width. I went down a whole size (10.5 to 9.5) and from a D to an EEE. They lost their sleekness and are a little chunkier, but they're a perfect fit. With the long last, I still have a good 1/2" - 1" on the end of each foot, but have no problems with narrow width.

Update: after a week or so of wear, the heel is a little loose fit, but only a tad. Will keep until I have a reason not to....

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heads up.... New FALL 2010 Catalogue is available. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...Id=40000000001
teacha.gif
...and if anyone can give me a direct HTML code to grab that catalogue SWF flash file, please post the link! I've read the source code on that page and can't figure it out.

dasai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
AE experts: what shoes are on the 7 and 8 last? All I can find:
7 last: MacNeil Manchester Grayson 8 last: Weybridge Delray Rawlins​
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...Id=40000000001

7 last also has Westchester and Juneau. 8 last also has Hinsdale, Quinton, and Kendall. (There is another "8" last for the orthotics collection, but it appears to be a different shape.) On the website, you can go to the "details" tab on a product page and click on the last info to bring up a listing of all current models made on it. If all you have is the model number, the last digit of the 4-digit code (for their welted, US-made shoes, at least) is the last number. Boston in black = 4010 = 0 last Strand in walnut = 1635 = #5 last MacNeil in burgundy shell = 9097 = #7 last Randolph in burgundy calf = 4839 = #9 last

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Had no intention of buying any shoes yesterday, but because of some good deals at a local shoe seller, I picked up my first Allen Edmonds...make that 2 pairs...

DSCN1294.jpg

Wore the Fairhaven wingtips all day today. My feet were very happy. Gonna rock the saddle shoes today.

Montauk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BABuckeye
My SA just told me that the RL "made in USA" longwings and chukkas are made by Allen Edmonds. I asked whether he meant Alden, and he said he was sure it was AE.

I've owed AE years ago. They are fine, but I would rank them below the other manufacturers that RL has used in recent years, like Crockett and Jones. Too bad.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

That does appear to be a 360 welt on the longwings. And what longwings!

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
I like the look of those Fairhavens - chili or chestnut coloured?

I got such a killer deal (half off) because neither pair had a box (did get extra laces and travel bags) so I'm not 100 percent sure the color. The sales person said they were chili, but when compared to other chili colored shoes the color was quite a bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads