• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
What is the best online site to purchase APC jeans?

I am looking for NS size 32.

Thanks.

i used context, great customer service, free shipping, and if i remember correctly, good return policy too.

Originally Posted by steezin
Is it possible that an un-worn pair of new standards, size 27, could measure 31" at the waist?
A friend is selling a pair and he says they measure 31" (i thought a size 27 had a true waist of around 29").

are you sure he didn't wear them for a bit? the initial stretching doesn't take long at all.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
So I know this question has been asked quite a few times now, but it seems like there is no common consensus across the board. If anyone could help, that would be fantastic. Here's my situation: I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of APCs from Context and am trying to decide between the Petit Standard and the New Cures. I definitely like the slim look (without being painted on, of course). The thing is, I have larger (athletic) thighs and posterior. The rest of my legs from the knee down is pretty slim, though. Will the NCs or the Petit Standards work better for me? On one side, I hear that the PS are looser than the NC, but on the other hand, I hear that the NC have a looser top block. Recommendations would be much appreciated. TIA!
I have the same kind of build. Get the New Cures. PS low rise probably won't cover your ass. Get it at your true waist size.

SeanathonHuff

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying some New Standards that feature similar rise stat to my Levi 501s (11"). The 501s crotch sags too low for me, I was curious if I could expect the New Standards' crotch to sag too low as well. I hope the New Standards' beltline is simply higher on my waist than a low-rise jean, but I have no experience with APC.

obeserabbit

Reaction score
so i'm debating between apc ns in size 30 and nc in 31. i have large thighs and large calves...according to context, the thigh on the nc's is larger (11.5" vs 11").

Recommendations?

Branches

Reaction score
Which has a fit most similar to H&M Sliqs? NS or PS?

dunks94

Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone who answered. The main thing is that I want a tapered fit with some upper leg room. I don't like petit standards because thy are apparently extremely tapaered, I want more of a slim/skinny taper. The new cures are pretty much skinny throughout. So I thought that new standards sized down 3 would be most like my description. I would get ns 27 if I have a 30 waist then right?

Note: ideal fit woul be like n&f weird guys, but those don't fade as much, or so I have heard

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of New Standard and had it hemmed on the spot. My first pair of APC ever.

I went 2 sizes down from my normal size after reading through all the insights here.

Just tried it on...The waist is fine, no problem buttoning it up, but the hip and thigh area is a bit tighter than I am used to. I got a head rush after taking it off.
smile.gif

wangvicous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunks94
Thank you so much everyone who answered. The main thing is that I want a tapered fit with some upper leg room. I don't like petit standards because thy are apparently extremely tapaered, I want more of a slim/skinny taper. The new cures are pretty much skinny throughout. So I thought that new standards sized down 3 would be most like my description. I would get ns 27 if I have a 30 waist then right? Note: ideal fit woul be like n&f weird guys, but those don't fade as much, or so I have heard
I love my weird guys. The only other jeans you'll find that fits if you really have big thighs is probably any 1955 or 1966 501 based cuts. The rise is high and there is a lot of thigh room. I had to buy weird guys in my waist size, so the waist is really loose on me, because I didn't have enough thigh room. I hated the NS because of the low rise, especially the low back rise. It drove me crazy. I'm interested to try the old standards but I think you can only get them at APC stores.

dunks94

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wangvicous
I love my weird guys. The only other jeans you'll find that fits if you really have big thighs is probably any 1955 or 1966 501 based cuts. The rise is high and there is a lot of thigh room. I had to buy weird guys in my waist size, so the waist is really loose on me, because I didn't have enough thigh room. I hated the NS because of the low rise, especially the low back rise. It drove me crazy. I'm interested to try the old standards but I think you can only get them at APC stores.
Yes but if I wanted a fit like weird guys, with my 30 waist stomach, would I go down to a 27 tagged in ns? or a 25 tagged? APC SIZING IS SO CONFUSING

lordgold

Reaction score
wPRyH.jpg
Back from a year long hiatus. Picked up a pair of PSs today at Need Supply Company here in Richmond. True waist is about 31.5, I ended up picking up a 30. I didn't size down 2, because with my first pair of NCs, I went 29 and they just never really panned out for me fit-wise. The waist is already a little big for me after a few hours of wearing, but nothing a belt can't remedy. EDIT: Fade pics of the NCs. Worn about 8 months every day, cold soak, another 3 months of intermittent wearing, and a hot soak.
bQwCH.jpg
ug9xW.jpg

wangvicous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunks94
Yes but if I wanted a fit like weird guys, with my 30 waist stomach, would I go down to a 27 tagged in ns? or a 25 tagged?

APC SIZING IS SO CONFUSING

I almost feel like you couldn't. Looking at measurements, it looks like you should be fine with your weird guy size. Maybe go down one. The cut seems about the same except the thigh on the ns is a little smaller, but the rise is a bit bigger.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to sell my NC's. I'm going to size up or possibly get the NS. So,before i post them in B&S, I have a pair of NWT New Cure H's in size 34. I've just tried them on for no longer than 5-10 minutes. PM me if you're interested.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
I decided to sell my NC's. I'm going to size up or possibly get the NS. So,before i post them in B&S, I have a pair of NWT New Cure H's in size 34. I've just tried them on for no longer than 5-10 minutes. PM me if you're interested.
Fck... if they were 33s I'd jump on this... PM me some measurements (in particular the waist) What does the "H" mean? Are these the raw blues?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads