• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my Job Interview attire (pics)

SlyGuyWT

Reaction score
I will be interviewing for a management position at a local firm. Please critique my outfit as well as my pre-interview regiment. This is my basic getup. I want to stand apart from the drones that normally come in to interview. Black two-button with blue shirt.
IMG00122-20100903-1722.jpg
I will have 1-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter about 1 hour before the interview.
IMG00121-20100903-1722.jpg
This is a humidor. A humidor is used to keep cigars fresh, and it’s something that one would find in the home or office of a gentleman. This humidor belongs to me. I will interact with it prior to the interview - checking the gauge, adding chemicals, etc (I’m not really sure how this works).
IMG00123-20100903-1723.jpg
Finally, while entering the actual office where my interview will take place, I’ll quickly shoot a glance over my shoulder, coupled with a vague point and a playful smirk, indicating that I just overheard an inside office joke and immediately “got it”. After learning the name of a secretary or office assistant (Bill for example), I’ll compliment the smirk with the proverbial “Good one Bill”! Fitting in with peers is important.
IMG00125-20100903-1726.jpg

ykurtz

Reaction score
That look might flight fly during happy hour, but not for a real job interview. Is that shirt buttoned at the neck? If so, it's way too big for you. If not, it should be; no shirt should be visible at the neck. Also, the knot is way too big for an interview. You can flash your personal style as much as you want during 'last call', but not a good call for a job interview. The jacket lining is pretty outlandish, unless you're applying for a 'creative' position. If it's a position that requires a college degree, it probably won't fly.

R-H

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SlyGuyWT
I will be interviewing for a management position at a local firm. [/IMG]

If you don't get the interview (how can you not, but hey) I'll gladly higher you to hang out with me.
spam[1].gif

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outfit is perfect - no changes needed. Good luck.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Instead of peanut putter you should eat 3 hard boiled eggs and a big deli pickle about 1 hour prior to the interview. The hope of course is that you will be gaseous around interview time, and the bigger hope of course is that the gas will be of the silent but violent variety. You should then fart during the interview, but only if it's not audible. Let a couple small ones squeeze out and hope that the stink is severe. Then, once it's obvious to everyone in the room that someone has passed devastating wind, you should own up to it, and calmly excuse yourself. This little exercise will show to your prospective employer that you remain steadfast in stressful situations, that you can take responsibility for your actions and that you are honest. Those three factors alone are enough to get anyone hired. These are the qualities employers are looking for. You may think this is an odd way of demonstrating them, but in reality, what can be more stressful than ******** yourself in the middle of a job interview? Trust me, it will work! Good luck! Eat up to 5 hard boiled eggs if you need to.

(Wow. THAT was my 1000th post!)

dbc

Reaction score
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

SlyGuyWT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ykurtz
That look might flight fly during happy hour, but not for a real job interview. Is that shirt buttoned at the neck? If so, it's way too big for you. If not, it should be; no shirt should be visible at the neck. Also, the knot is way too big for an interview. You can flash your personal style as much as you want during 'last call', but not a good call for a job interview. The jacket lining is pretty outlandish, unless you're applying for a 'creative' position. If it's a position that requires a college degree, it probably won't fly.

The shirt is unbuttoned in the pic, but I will button it. I think you're right, it is big on me. I could wear a turtle neck under the shirt, which would take up some of the room around the collar, as long as it doesn't show.

Originally Posted by 83glt
Instead of peanut putter you should eat 3 hard boiled eggs and a big deli pickle about 1 hour prior to the interview. The hope of course is that you will be gaseous around interview time, and the bigger hope of course is that the gas will be of the silent but violent variety. You should then fart during the interview, but only if it's not audible. Let a couple small ones squeeze out and hope that the stink is severe. Then, once it's obvious to everyone in the room that someone has passed devastating wind, you should own up to it, and calmly excuse yourself. This little exercise will show to your prospective employer that you remain steadfast in stressful situations, that you can take responsibility for your actions and that you are honest. Those three factors alone are enough to get anyone hired. These are the qualities employers are looking for. You may think this is an odd way of demonstrating them, but in reality, what can be more stressful than ******** yourself in the middle of a job interview? Trust me, it will work! Good luck! Eat up to 5 hard boiled eggs if you need to.

(Wow. THAT was my 1000th post!)

ha, I don't think they would be very impressed with this!

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overall, very stylish. I would say the tie is a little muted because of it's flatness/blandness. Think of something bolder that truly sets you apart.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interview cancelled.

GBer

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads