• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barker Black's "Archdale."

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got these.
They're kind of glorious, in my opinion.

img_1511.jpg

img_1512.jpg

img_1513.jpg

I know a few members have maligned the skull&bones medallion, but in person I don't find it nearly as crass or obvious as one might imagine. Very comfortable shoes as well.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear them in good health! Mine fit me better than any other shoe I own.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them, and agree that the medalion isn't at all obvious

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great shoes. I have these also, and they take on a very nice patina quickly. I find them a little narrower than other Barker Black, but they are still a very comfortable shoe. Hope you enjoy them!

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look awesome. Wear them well!

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Very, very nice! Where did you buy them, if I may ask?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
Just got these.

They do look pretty cool.

I want a pair of the black loafers they did a while back. Funky shoes.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
Just got these.

img_1511.jpg

img_1512.jpg

img_1513.jpg

I know a few members have maligned the skull&bones medallion, but in person I don't find it nearly as crass or obvious as one might imagine. Very comfortable shoes as well.

I love them!!! I have that color and black. To see the skull&bones medallion, a person has to be crawling around like a snake
lol8[1].gif

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with BDRM? Did you win the $500,000 shopping spree to Kenneth Colez?

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good looking pair of shoes. Enjoy.

-LR

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have two pairs of Barker Blacks and something bothers me about them. I paid $800 each for them and they are made in the same factory as $150 shoes. Until I get definitive proof there is a definitive $650 reason to buy another pair other than styling I probably won't.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I have two pairs of Barker Blacks and something bothers me about them. I paid $800 each for them and they are made in the same factory as $150 shoes. Until I get definitive proof there is a definitive $650 reason to buy another pair other than styling I probably won't.

Being made in the same factory has no bearing on the quality of the shoes. Gaziano & Girling's shoes were made at A&S's factory for a while, afterall.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH

Don't get hung up about it. They are certainly well-made shoes, and definitely better than any $300 shoe I've seen. IMO these are up there with C&J hand grades, but are much more attractive at discount prices, at around $300-$350, which is possible at certain Saks sales. If you're paying $800, you can be buying Vass and EGs/Lobbs on discount (albeit harder to come by in the right style and sizing).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics