• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 4

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Don't crappy apartment basically is a sign of how he has lost touch with life outside of work. He doesn't even bother putting in the effort to have a nice place, not trying to keep up his polished appearance once he leaves home. Just another general symptom of his downward spiral, presumably it'll start creeping more and more into his work until some cataclysmic turning point wakes him up and gets him moving forward again.

But he is still polishing his shoes. The cataclysmic turning point will be when he shows up for work with scuffed wingtips.
laugh.gif

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
This picture makes me sad that this show is on AMC and not HBO.
bounce2.gif

I'm always shocked how an attractive Elisabeth Moss can turn into a homely Peggy Olson.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
I'm always shocked how an attractive Elisabeth Moss can turn into a homely Peggy Olson.

Ummm...she's homely but in and out of the show.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk

Elisabeth.jpg

p..eggy?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk

That's where costume design, makeup and acting come in.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
What did they say? In the 40s, there were one or two Batman serials which, if I'm not mistaken, were reaired on TV during the 50s (my Dad, who was born in 1950, remembers watching them on TV when he was very young).

I did too, but kids make these leaps of logic. The first time I heard about sex (from an older cousin), I can't even really describe what I was imagining happening.

ehh, you're right. I guess I thought they were referring to the chessy adam west version.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
That's where costume design, makeup and acting come in.

the best was when the made her fat in season one.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jon hamm's emmy performance for next year?
Maybe. He's doing some of his best work this season. Oh, and one other thing....

DRUNK FIGHT!

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know I thought this episode would be another predictable turn in Draper's descent into oblivion but I have to think it's hit a plateau with Peggy being the person who cushions his fall, both figuratively and literally speaking. When Draper looked like he was going to blow off the boxing party *and* Sterling's Mormon outing with Rumsen and Ponds, I thought of the first episode of the third season when he looked at an ad with the man choosing a huge liquor bottle over a woman.

It was a good heart to heart between Draper and Peggy. Mutual respect. Some screaming at each other. A lot of things that went unsaid that were said - the Glo-coat jealousy. Draper's comments on her sexual appeal. The pregnancy. The Allison thing and the office rumours. Draper even cried in front of Peggy and I have to think now that without Anna, Peggy is the fall person.

Duck Phillips - a foil to show what happens to a man *without* the cushion? Man is he pathetic.

Hopefully throwing up in the office toilet has gotten it out of Draper's system. How he looks impeccable with a change of shirt, pommade and presumably a splash of water on his face is inspiring.

Other tidbits:
So Cooper has no spouse or interest in women because of this Lyle Evans thing?
Cosgrove, I've noticed twice, still carries a hat. He's got to be the most traditional and unchanged guy since the beginning of the show (maybe plus or minus the pocket square?)
Draper has a new fedora? It's blue now instead of grey? Or is it my TV?
First time we see the new office toilets.
Was that phone booth always there in the lobby?

Beetleything

Reaction score
WOW!
This is why Mad Men is so good.

Don loses the only person who 'really knows him"- but tells Peggy more than he's told anyone - " i went to korea- my father died when he was kicked in the head by a horse - i never knew my mother" - more than he's told most people-

Falls asleep on her lap.

Funny when he asks for another drink and falls asleep and she drinks it...

This was all about Don and Peggy.
Nobody else was in this one..........

"let's go somewhere darker"........
fistbump.gif

Breaks down in the morning....

This is real.

Heart wrenching stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads