• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
^^For ****'s sake, Mariano needs to lock him in the basement.

Yep...

The ego trip is disturbing...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Is Luca an adoptive son?

- B

His real twin is James,the sartorial extraordinaire...
laugh.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
In that picture of Luca it looks like his jacket has a short front balance problem. I had a jacket with a similar issue that a tailor just corrected and it hung like that. Doesn't it look like it's pulling upward at the buttoning point?

I think because of the rave and price, we look at these things far too critically. I like the looks from Luca, and really don't see much of a problem with fit...its the human element.

Originally Posted by gdl203
My tailor uses a carefully selected body double with my exact measurements to wear my garments for two weeks before they get delivered to me. I can request specific activities to be conducted by him in that pre-shaping phase - I always make sure he sleeps on the beach in my suit, gets a lap dance and a bowl of flageolet every morning, and slurps uni soba before bed. I found that the body heat/sweat combined with air humidity, baby oil and digestive gases produces an optimal pre-stressing of the horsehair canvas and trousers zipper.

Originally Posted by scruff
There's a jean seller in the sprawling weekend market in Bangkok (Chatuchak?) who actually pays local urchins to wear/play in pairs of jeans for 3-4 weeks to distress them. Tres chic.

That's funny. My great uncle Vincenzo was Flo Ziegfeld's personal cutter and tailor out of Grey & Lampel (an old NYC tailoring house). Flo would ask him to wear his new suits around for a week or so to break them in, apparently they were a pretty close match in shape and proportion.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remarkable. I also have someone with very similar build break in my suits. My body double is deficient in some areas, but suffices.

TheRock.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
I like the way his loathers match the scatter cushions, very sprezzzzzzzz..........
Belgians ... Belgians.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Remarkable. I also have someone with very similar build break in my suits. My body double is deficient in some areas, but suffices.

TheRock.jpg

Partial Polynesian FTW.

- B

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Partial Polynesian FTW.
You get the tingles at the view of his hairless skin ?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Ouch...!
Well ... it's not like it only happens in Belgium.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
You get the tingles at the view of his hairless skin ?
One word ... wax.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Well ... it's not like it only happens in Belgium.

Perhaps not, but that's where mayonnaise on French fries is concentrated.

One habit leads to the other.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads