• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Used AE Strands on E-Bay - Good or Bad Deal?

gamma1234

Reaction score
I have never bought shoes online before and this may be my 2nd pair of AEs. I was hoping you guys could take a look at the pics and tell me if you think the condition of these Strands makes this a good deal at the $60 price point. I have an AE Park Ave so I am confident the size won't be an issue. Thanks in advance for any input.
smile.gif
Update: Does anyone notice a bend/crease in picture 3 on the right shoe, just below where the outside ankle bone would be? (or is the flash just messing with my eyes)

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E strands are a fine looking shoe. I would pick them up at $60 in a heartbeat.

gamma1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Sure, lets just guess which auction it is.

Sorry partner, I was 3 minutes late on the pics.

gamma1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Yep, saw them and edited. Why not for $60? Go for it.

Alright, thanks for your advice. I was just hesitant because this will be my first online shoe purchase and I am still new to dress shoes. The Park Aves are my first "nice" pair so just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the condition. Thanks.

LanceW

Reaction score
Those might be the nicest "worn" pair I've seen. Go for it although the formality of the black conflicts the casualness of the broguing. Actually, I suppose the Strand conflicts the balmoral anyway
smile.gif

david123

Reaction score
I got a pair of the black Strands for $30 shipped. They were in great shape. I'd say go for it. They'd look like that after you wear them 3 times anyway. Also the camera flash tends to make wear look worse than it is.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe Vox approves.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plus they are at least thirds. So then there's that.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Plus they are at least thirds. So then there's that.

It saddens me that you bring such cynicism to this thread.

Not all wear a red velvet collar.

- B

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I approve of this transaction.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does the M or W stamp on the bottom of each shoe mean? Roman numeral?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads