• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Makeup for Men

haiguise

Reaction score
I've been wanting to wear concealer for a while. I have some imperfections in my skin and I figure that it would help. I know women are able to wear makeup and look a **** ton better than without. Why the hell can't we?

So recommendations for products, how to apply, etc would be great.

Here's a video I was just watching.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting to say the least.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'm a make-up artist, and I've totally helped dudes out with cosmetics. They're always embarrassed...but why should they be? I remember using my Cover Girl concealer when I was like 15 to help my brother out with this giant red zit on his nose. If I hadn't, God knows what he would have suffered...

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Haha, I'm a make-up artist, and I've totally helped dudes out with cosmetics. They're always embarrassed...but why should they be? I remember using my Cover Girl concealer when I was like 15 to help my brother out with this giant red zit on his nose. If I hadn't, God knows what he would have suffered...

Emergency concealer is fairly helpful. I'm not sure that I could see it as a frequent thing for most men, however. It's fairly obvious when people wear makeup unless they're really good.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tuts my barreh!

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Way too feminine for me. Applying witch hazel before I leave the house is as far as I'll go.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Way too feminine for me. Applying witch hazel before I leave the house is as far as I'll go.

Careful ... Carly Fiorina has done this all her life ... and look at her ... a dead ringer for the Wicked Witch of the West.

hrb

Reaction score
if you're serious about it, go hit up M.A.C. . You'll definitely have to suck up any pride you might have about letting them know its for you, but they'll match your **** up and help you out. Everyone there is quite trained and accustom to dealing with guys.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some undereye concealer. YSL Touche Eclat, 2. Just a tiny bit under the eyes makes you look like you're actually awake after a long night, and it is not visible unless you are quite close...

The MAC people are awesome by the way, I used to have some stuff from there but I don't remember what. Also for under eyes.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hrb
if you're serious about it, go hit up M.A.C. . You'll definitely have to suck up any pride you might have about letting them know its for you, but they'll match your **** up and help you out. Everyone there is quite trained and accustom to dealing with guys.

MAC has the worst "cover up" make up in the world. Unless you're doing a ****** photo shoot, don't go there. I'd recommend Dior or Bobbi Brown before MAC.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Thread should hereforth be retitttled as:
ITT Guys Say What Makeup Brands They Wear And Tomgirl Talks **** To Them

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little mascara and some rouge is as far as I'll go

cimabue

Reaction score
Hermann Goering used lipstick, rouge and nail polish. He angrily denied the lipstick.

To each his own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads