• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Burr130

Reaction score
Okay I have a dire question that I have literally seen many many different responses to.

After multiple washes/soaks does the inseam of APC jeans shrink or not?!

I have searched superfuture, styleforum, hypbeast, and other random forums to find that they can shrink anywhere from nothing to 3 inches...

Is there anyone out there who have personally washed/soaked their APC jeans multiple times and can help answer if the length of the jeans shrink at all and exactly how much?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If mine shrank at all, they haven't shrank more than 2". I am a 30" inseam I believe. They must still be like a 34" inseam because they are still pretty long on me even w/a cuff.

Burr130

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
If mine shrank at all, they haven't shrank more than 2". I am a 30" inseam I believe. They must still be like a 34" inseam because they are still pretty long on me even w/a cuff.

How many times have you washed/soaked your jeans? Would you mind measuring the current inseam for me? I'd really appreciate it.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burr130
I have searched superfuture, styleforum, hypbeast, and other random forums to find that they can shrink anywhere from nothing to 3 inches...
The inseam on my New Standards shrunk just shy of 1". Damn shame because 35" was just right and 34" is too short. Fortunately I was able to find a use for them in a wacky bleach experiment... APCs are sanforized, so anyone saying theirs shrunk 3" is either crazy or failing hard at measuring.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright. I may be the 1000000th person to ask, but since these are my first pair of APC denim, I must. I read all about the stretch capacity of APC, but i just received my pair of New Cure H's in size 34, and they are painted on. I mean it was a workout to try these on, but they eventually closed. I'm digging the taper from the knee down, which is why i went the NC route, but should I be patient and see what happens in a month after constant wear ?

Gagno905

Reaction score
I - and the rest of styleforum - promise you they will stretch.

Originally Posted by hboogz
Alright. I may be the 1000000th person to ask, but since these are my first pair of APC denim, I must. I read all about the stretch capacity of APC, but i just received my pair of New Cure H's in size 34, and they are painted on. I mean it was a workout to try these on, but they eventually closed. I'm digging the taper from the knee down, which is why i went the NC route, but should I be patient and see what happens in a month after constant wear ?

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gagno905
I - and the rest of styleforum - promise you they will stretch.

this cracked me up.
laugh.gif

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz

While they will stretch... buy a different cut. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you are to big to make a jean with that much taper look decent. Buy the NS, which with a slight taper will look much better on a person your size(37inch waist?)

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 35 inch waist in trousers (I know that technically isn't your actual waist, but I'm using it as a reference) but do have muscular legs. I have a pair that fits like an NS already and I want a pair that tapers because i believe that looks good with boots. I have a pair of loomstate jeans that fit similar to the NC and have stretched to a point where they fit well but the waist has expanded a bit too much. While I don't want to lose equity in the jeans I do want to experience the stretch phenomenon APC is known for.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster so please excuse any lack of competence with this question but I am just curious as to whether or not anybody is familiar with A.P.C. shoe sizing, particularly their loafers. I am interested in some Tassel Loafers but they are only available in a US10, I am typically a US11. Anybody know if they by chance run big, small, or true to size? Any and all help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I haven't tried any on myself but I've tried to figure this out for potential purchases and reasoned from the comparisons I found that the sneakers fit surprisingly TTS, maybe even small. Other experience on this? Has anyone tried on both sneakers and boots/derbies and can lend a comparison there too?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airblaster503
While they will stretch... buy a different cut. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you are to big to make a jean with that much taper look decent. Buy the NS, which with a slight taper will look much better on a person your size(37inch waist?)
I have NS in size 33, and I literally just got back from the tailor to get them tapered. I too have a muscular upper block (32-33" waist, 40" hips
frown.gif
), but downright spindly skinny ankles, so the NC in my size would have been a better buy. I bike regularly in my NS, and they haven't faded at all like I hoped they would; I'm guessing because they're relatively loose. The NC is the better cut

steezin

Reaction score
Is it possible that an un-worn pair of new standards, size 27, could measure 31" at the waist?
A friend is selling a pair and he says they measure 31" (i thought a size 27 had a true waist of around 29").

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the best online site to purchase APC jeans?

I am looking for NS size 32.

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads