• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be in for that captoe if Tom can get it made. Especially if it is on the flex welt oiled sole like on the chukkas. That would look great and be amazingly comfortable.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Leffot Blog showed a pr of G&G's black captoes with waxed flat brown laces - which gave me this idea:

IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg

GreatHighway

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
blush.gif

And some great purchases there... Are those Cigar Shell Longwings?

lighten up, yo
smile.gif
and no, those are tobacco longwings. THESE are cigar, and what im wearing at the moment...
i69lj5.jpg

and are those whiskey NSTs a couple posts up? if so shoemart should still have some. i got mine last week

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex

Tom,can you get these two made?

We may have some whiskey 6 eyelet NSTs on the Hampton available at LSBH, feel free to call or email Bryan over there.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom,

Any captoes coming in the future or a reorder of the longwings, so I can get my size.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
trunks206- where did you get those J. Crew LWC's from? I'm still impatiently waiting for my pair which is still on the wait list.

I'm really trying not to visit Leather Soul BH again because I know I will at least buy 2 pairs if I do! Lol.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
Tom,

Any captoes coming in the future or a reorder of the longwings, so I can get my size.

Suede shortwings w/commando sole coming soon...

Originally Posted by wj4
I'm really trying not to visit Leather Soul BH again because I know I will at least buy 2 pairs if I do! Lol.

Just come by for the free scotch.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
$500 is a **** ton to spend on a pair of shoes

It is?

My wife had better not find that out!

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
We may have some whiskey 6 eyelet NSTs on the Hampton available at LSBH, feel free to call or email Bryan over there.

Tom,
I am looking for NSTs on Cigar/Ravello on Aberdeen last. Shoemart used to carry them but not anymore, should have bought them back then. How come they are so rare? There are bunch of them on Barrie last which I don't care for a lot.
Do you what last the cigar captoes I posted are? Are they Hampton?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreatHighway
lighten up, yo
smile.gif
and no, those are tobacco longwings. THESE are cigar, and what im wearing at the moment...
i69lj5.jpg

and are those whiskey NSTs a couple posts up? if so shoemart should still have some. i got mine last week

These are looking great, Cigar is my favorite color. The ones I posted are Ravello, I don't think shoemart has them. Oh yeah, shoemart has them on Barrie last which to me is very bulky. I think NSTs look best on Aberdeen last.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Tom,
I am looking for NSTs on Cigar/Ravello on Aberdeen last. Shoemart used to carry them but not anymore, should have bought them back then. How come they are so rare? There are bunch of them on Barrie last which I don't care for a lot.
Do you what last the cigar captoes I posted are? Are they Hampton?

They are rare because there are so many options! When a retailer gets an allocation they have a choice on what to order with that allocation. Because there are just so many choices, it's rare for a retailer to reorder the same style when they have ravello or cigar available unless it is a proven winner with a lot of demand, eg. Cigar Longwings, Ravello Chukkas, Cigar Indy Boots, etc... I hope that made sense... Basically, if you see something in ravello, whiskey, or cigar that is kind of out of the ordinary and you really like it, I'd get it while you have a chance.

Those do look like Hampton to me.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Did somebody say free scotch?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anytime bro...we got some nice Oban and my fav, Johnnie Gold.

Our Alden Design Contest #2 is now up on the website by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads