• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Louis Vuitton plague

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
Personally, I don't mind girls carrying LV bags, at least in a college setting. My judgement may be clouded, as all the hot Jewish sorority girls on campus seem to be carrying either LV or the Longchamp bags.

For men's luggage, I have no idea what the appeal is. I saw a fellow in Miami loading LV luggage into his Kia. Misplaced priorities, I would say.

More than likely fake(s).

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a LV messengar bag but it's not one of the monogramed ones. Most people don't even know that its LV.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A man is allowed to carry one (1) Louis Vuitton manpurse at all times, but only if he pronounces it "Lewis" Vuitton.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
1961-triumph-tr3-overdrive-14f-chrome-luggage-rack.jpg

Yes, it would look good there!

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For men's luggage, I have no idea what the appeal is. I saw a fellow in Miami loading LV luggage into his Kia. Misplaced priorities, I would say.

LV luggage probably retains resale value better than 95% of cars on the market.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Girly man wearing very sexy pants that accentuate his curves as well
smile.gif

SouthPhillyMan

Reaction score
Personally, I don't mind girls carrying LV bags, at least in a college setting. My judgement may be clouded, as all the hot Jewish sorority girls on campus seem to be carrying either LV or the Longchamp bags.

Or a man that has his priorities right imo, have you seen the mark up on car rentals in vacation cities? The $800 he likely saved riding in that Kia for a week instead of a Cadillac will get him a nice LV satchel to add to his collection.
smile.gif

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had post on this awhile ago. I spent a couple weeks in Oakville, Ontario, and 3/4 women of all ages had a LV. (The 4th had Burberry...).

It became really tiresome. I actually do like them, they look nice; just not when they're everywhere.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that people are drawn to the connotation of success that a LV bag brings - it is an easy way for people to buy into something that they perceive will demonstrate to others that they are not only successful but cultured. I cant speak to the quality of Louis, but it is certainly a status symbol. Thats why it gets copied so damn much, because people want to demonstrate that they "got it going on" (see also bape fad). On the other hand, if you buy it because you love it and it is functional for you - good for you. I think its a motives question.

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Girly man checking in ...
966ee845.jpg

Wait, Renault makes left-hand-drive North American versions?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
[...] but only if he pronounces it "Lewis" Vuitton.
I am afraid your phonetic spelling leaves a bit to be desired. The surname is VOO-TAWN, full emphasis on both syllables. And I have it on good authority that "they don't be puttin' holes in they bags."

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LanceW
Girly man is also riding shotgun
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by M. Bardamu
Wait, Renault makes left-hand-drive North American versions?

i was riding in a taxi in Buenos Aires ... you are welcome.

Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
Girly man wearing very sexy pants that accentuate his curves as well
smile.gif

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads