• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thought I had my new employment contract done and in the final draft stages. A nice guy, but complete ******* moron member of my comp. committee drew in another person (against all the advice of me and the other compensation committee members), and now my contract is basically back to square one. I could just squeeze his skull until his eyes popped out.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Companies that rely on utterly fussy to use recruitment interface software on the career section of their websites. It would be nice to just submit a resume and cover letter to a job opportunity instead of filling out a profile and remembering a hopelessy complex alpha numeric password.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My phone has been ringing off the hook in the middle of the night for 3 straight nights. I can't get any goddamned sleep. My mom is having a surprise party for my dad's 60th and she put my number on the invitations as the RSVP number. I urged her to get the invites out months ago but there was a glitch in the entertainment planning that pushed the official date out and then it was too late to get it out before she left the country for 7 weeks. So anyways, she ends up not mailing invites until a few days before I leave for China. So now all these people are calling me at like 3, 4, 5pm Eastern, which of course is 3, 4, 5 in the morning in China. I've tried to leave a clear voicemail that says I'm in China but apparently old-timers don't wait that long, they just call back immediately after it rings through, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row. And then they don't leave messages at all - perhaps they're confused since my father and I share the same name and sound a lot alike so they don't want to take any chances that they've reached the wrong person. Ugh. I really should turn my phone off but I use it as my alarm clock (I don't trust wakeup calls - they've screwed me before) and I also like to keep it on just in case I get an emergency call from the wife and kid at home.
ffffuuuu.gif
old timers who can't figure out to leave a message and keep calling me back,
ffffuuuu.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ maybe they're all calling to wish you a happy surprise 60th?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
house-hunting is a major PITA, but so's trying to sell one of those F***ers. Good luck with the Acidwife.

thanks T. last night seemed better. of course we went out with friends and I had maybe 5 beers so of course it seemed better.

Originally Posted by Douglas
I really should turn my phone off but I use it as my alarm clock (I don't trust wakeup calls - they've screwed me before) and I also like to keep it on just in case I get an emergency call from the wife and kid at home.

some cellphones sound the alarm even if the unit's off. at least my sony phone does that. better check it out.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
had a late night dinner out with the wife that went pretty well. driving back home she wanted to drive by the property that an agent was offering to us the day before and which we also met the owners of the property, 50-something husband and wife. anyway, driving towards it I told teh wifey that I didn't like the good cop/bad cop routine the sellers were doing (husband seemed so bothered to be there plus expressed that he's not interested in negotiating the price while the wife was very accommodating and nice to talk to)... anyway, the acidwife told me she thinks I've become way too cynical and have become too judgemental... and I responded by saying thats tough coming from someone who was called evil and racist by a friend (different story, happened 16 years ago when she was still in college, lot of lesson learned there..)

think I hit a raw nerve when I said that and my wife told me to just turn the car around. haven't talkd to her up till now, and probably be like this until god knows when.
ffffuuuu.gif

I am really sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but this really is funny. Nothing like keeping the 16-year-old bad memory card handy, you know, just in case you need to play it on the drive home.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I am really sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but this really is funny. Nothing like keeping the 16-year-old bad memory card handy, you know, just in case you need to play it on the drive home.

no need for an apology.... yeah sometimes the juvenile asshole in me needs to show itself.
smile.gif
specially if (with all due respect to the wifey) you just want to drive in relative peace and quiet.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
no need for an apology.... yeah sometimes the juvenile asshole in me needs to show itself.
smile.gif
specially if (with all due respect to the wifey) you just want to drive in relative peace and quiet.

Interesting. This brings up a good question: Married guys - what's worse: pulling out the old memory and throwing it up at her or telling her to just shut the **** up so you can have some peace?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Interesting. This brings up a good question:

Married guys - what's worse: pulling out the old memory and throwing it up at her or telling her to just shut the **** up so you can have some peace?

LOL @ The thought of telling a woman to shut the **** up and actually getting peace out of it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Married guys - what's worse: pulling out the old memory and throwing it up at her or telling her to just shut the **** up so you can have some peace?

The answer is:

Neither.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Piobaire
The answer is:

Neither.

Actually, I would say 'both'.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Actually, I would say 'both'.

I think we're saying the same thing.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I think we're saying the same thing.

I think you may be right. I just didn't want you to be the only married man who was, you know, right.

(that is, if you've heard the old joke recently)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads