• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's BRACELETS can be badass.

foryoureyesonly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fat-tie-knot
Men's BRACELETS can be badass. -- No they cant.
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Looks like the sort of thing that would be worn by someone who describes their own style as 'edgy'.
True, in no way whatsoever are those bracelets conservative in style or trying to be. They're not for most people, but there are a few guys I know who can pull stuff like this off with ease and they are straighter than an arrow (for the dude talking about bracelets being gay). And I do agree that for the most part bracelets can make a guy not exactly look very manly, but my point is that bracelets aren't anymore inherently feminine than any other form of jewelry. And yes, watches are jewelry. Straight men wear earrings, necklaces, watches, and bracelets. Gay men wear earrings, necklaces, watches, and bracelets. It has to do with the style of the item combined with how the item is worn combined with the style of the wearer combined with the look of the person combined with how the person acts combined with a bunch of other factors.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bracelets linked to by OP would perhaps be worn by someone into Affliction or Ed Hardy gear. In my opinion bracelets have to be subdued and made out of leather, precious metals or stones only; beads are for kids.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foryoureyesonly
So just making sure I'm understanding this clearly. You're saying inherently a bracelet, no matter what it looks like, it can never be even remotely masculine, ever?
I'd say it's less about masculinity and more about taste. But this is America. Tacky is not yet a crime.

Thomas_e

Reaction score
I guess bracelets can be cool on the right kind of people. But the ones you linked to looks horrible in my opinion. But what do i know, first post
smile.gif

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bracelets, rings, tie bars--ridiculous. Look at this doofus:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby
Better bigoted than brainwashed. Simple minded impressionable fool.
I was taking issue with a statement that insulted me. If you think for a moment that I was sincerely accusing everyone on StyleForum of being gay then you're the simple-minded idiot in this dialogue (ETA: and are you really so uneducated, insecure and homophobic that the mere idea someone could be suggesting you're a homosexual is enough to prompt a retort such as yours?). Otherwise, I'd love to know on what basis you have accused me of being "brainwashed" (!?). Why are there so many utter pricks around here with sub-zero reading comprehension?

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby
Isn't there a web forum designed by and for homosexuals that you can post this sort of thing on? Please not here.

I can't wait to see how you are going to climb out of this new hole you've dug for yourself.
lurker[1].gif

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
I was taking issue with a statement that insulted me. If you think for a moment that I was sincerely accusing everyone on StyleForum of being gay then you're the simple-minded idiot in this dialogue (ETA: and are you really so uneducated, insecure and homophobic that the mere idea someone could be suggesting you're a homosexual is enough to prompt a retort such as yours?). Otherwise, I'd love to know on what basis you have accused me of being "brainwashed" (!?).

Why are there so many utter pricks around here with sub-zero reading comprehension?

Sensitive much?

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to look badass wearing bracelets is for kids and sissies.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foryoureyesonly
True, in no way whatsoever are those bracelets conservative in style or trying to be. They're not for most people, but there are a few guys I know who can pull stuff like this off with ease and they are straighter than an arrow (for the dude talking about bracelets being gay).

And I do agree that for the most part bracelets can make a guy not exactly look very manly, but my point is that bracelets aren't anymore inherently feminine than any other form of jewelry. And yes, watches are jewelry.

Straight men wear earrings, necklaces, watches, and bracelets.

Gay men wear earrings, necklaces, watches, and bracelets.

It has to do with the style of the item combined with how the item is worn combined with the style of the wearer combined with the look of the person combined with how the person acts combined with a bunch of other factors.

30 years ago, ALL of my (straight and queer) friends started wearing earings. I found it ridiculous. I still do.

(Of course, I do not mean to say that all men wearing earrings are ridiculous. But I think that they would look cooler and less "trying hard to look cool" without the earrings. The same for necklaces and bracelets... Of course, I am talking about men in the following context: European, middle or upper class.)

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
Bracelets, rings, tie bars--ridiculous. Look at this doofus:

well, olddog, based on what i've been reading in this thread you're OBVIOUSLY a flamboyant old queen. i mean, that lilac shirt and goatee just totally give it away, right? not to mention that museum of fine arts poster behind you. and those books! the evidence just keeps mounting. next you'll tell us that you're an art critic. or some "gay" profession like that. you do realize that it's subversive trouble-makers like you that are responsible for the moral corruption of this once-great nation, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads