• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

pthree

Reaction score
Assuming the quality is up there, I would get a pair of those oxfords.

Any word on where they'll be sold?

iotan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
The Urban Outfitters pair is like a low Red Wing (in fact, I RW makes a work oxford), the Oak Street pair is like a quoddy blucher on a wedge sole. Yeah, they're both moccasin toe laceups on a wedge sole, but the style is pretty different IMO.

I would agree with the above statement.

Even if not radically unique, they do have some great looking shoes on the site. I am especially drawn to the brown trail oxford and the beefroll penny loafer. They make my short list for the fall. Nonetheless, I am not much of an early adopter, so I'll wait to hear more on craftsmanship and fit before actually getting any.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If they're made in Maine, then they no doubt come from the same factory that several other brands use... so the quality and fit is going to be about the same across the board. Just pick whatever flavor works best with your style.

lawlercon

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure the stuff on the site is already available for shipment, atleast i hope so. i placed an order on the vibram sole'd oxfords. i'm beyond stoked for them.

ninja07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
The Urban Outfitters pair is like a low Red Wing (in fact, I RW makes a work oxford), the Oak Street pair is like a quoddy blucher on a wedge sole. Yeah, they're both moccasin toe laceups on a wedge sole, but the style is pretty different IMO.
Agree with your description of the oak street pair. RW oxfords have been around for quite some time and indeed look very different in form. They look much heavier and rugged in construction compared to the oak street ones especially at the welt area stitching. That said the navy vibram trail oxfords look great. there's a review over at secret forts if anyone's interested

JRyder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ninja07
Agree with your description of the oak street pair. RW oxfords have been around for quite some time and indeed look very different in form. They look much heavier and rugged in construction compared to the oak street ones especially at the welt area stitching. That said the navy vibram trail oxfords look great.

there's a review over at secret forts if anyone's interested

I can't wait to see the boots.

JMK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Did you place some sort of custom order or does it take that long for the stock listed on their site?
If so idk if I want to wait lol

I needed a 10EE, that's the reason for the wait. The shoe sizes listed should be available for immediate purchase.

Django

Reaction score
They plan on doing anything non-moc toe? Getting really played at this point.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if these "bootmakers" actually made boots.

lawlercon

Reaction score
i'll be purchasing the brown vibram sole'd trails as well when they're available.

lawlercon

Reaction score
i got a call from george to thank me for my order, ended up chatting with him on the phone for 10 minutes. the brown vibram sole'd ones will be coming out soon. vibram is super backordered on the sole, so that's what's holding this up.

i'm really stoked to start breaking these in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads