• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Thanks on both counts! I'm enjoying writing the blog. I'm not quite managing the post a day I planned when I started but I am writing something on a majority of days. I haven't written anything regularly in years (outside of work), so it's fun to have the chance to do so now that I no longer need to do the 9-5 grind.

Writing's a great release and even though I don't produce enough lengthy discourses for my own blogcolumn, I'm pleased when I'm able to

As natural as it was to start it whilst I was unemployed last year, the responses I've had and the doors it has opened have lead me to conclude that I should have begun it at least 2 years ago

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Don't listen to them IST- keep the monks. And the rest of the ensemble is great.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
The tie pin makes a bold statement. Gotta get one...

Originally Posted by Rada
great tie...

Originally Posted by tim_horton
+1 on the compliments of the tie.

Originally Posted by Horatio
Outstanding outfit - especially with the double monks, nothing wrong with them. I would get rid of the tie bar but that's just me...

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Prestosmp
This is a great look. The tie pin and tie are very well placed.
worship.gif
+1

Originally Posted by JayJay
IST, so do I, the look comes together nicely. The pin in the tie is done very well, too.

Originally Posted by MrChris
IST66 - I really like your choice of tie and the shoes.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Love the combo.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
- too good. and i vote for the monks too.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Very good.

Тhanks for kind words and comments!
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

BBC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Vintage BB sack, Polo club collar, Polo tie, vintage Wright Cordwainers.

Brooks-1.jpg

Great outfit, Mike, I always like a club collar with a 3/2 sack

BBC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Fire Drill Tuesday ...
5b2d2df9.jpg

Great SC - love the colors.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Taciturn Textpost Tuesday:

Fred Perry made in Japan "polo" shirt
MBTâ„¢ (Mystery Bespoke Tailorâ„¢) shorts in Harrisons 12oz Irish linen, side tabs, no back pockets, pleated, cuffed
Lobb boat shoes
Tiffany Etoile band in platinum
no watch
Tom Ford sunglasses

- B

Add an ice cream sundae to that outfit to turn those taciturns away.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to report it's a cheap-ass cotton blazer from Esprit. Bought in the sale recently, making it even more cheap-ass.
smile.gif

Oops, just realised I was lying - the cheap-ass cotton blazer is from Mexx.

Couldn't get today's look to photo right. In motion, it's a lot less frumpy. You'll just have to trust me - or not, as the case may be - on that one!
laugh.gif

aug31001.jpg

Not frumpy, I like this fit. However - it would actually be better sans PS, the contrast between jacket and jeans, combined with the shirt give all the pop needed.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to School today!
(Actually, we started up yesterday, but the staff was ordered to wear school logo polo shirts on the first day. So we'll just let that slip by unrecorded.)

BacktoSchool.jpg

Closeup-16.jpg

Brooks Brothers blazer
Hemrajani Tailors shirt
Sam Hober tie
Kent Wang square
Banana Republic slacks
Polo socks
To Boot NY shoes

I believe all the ingredients in this dish are SF-approved. What's less certain is if anyone will dig how I blended them.

Socks-5.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
Writing's a great release and even though I don't produce enough lengthy discourses for my own blogcolumn, I'm pleased when I'm able to

As natural as it was to start it whilst I was unemployed last year, the responses I've had and the doors it has opened have lead me to conclude that I should have begun it at least 2 years ago

That's awesome. I've read your blog a bit, and there's always something unusual or intriguing to catch the eye. Well done!

Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
Sadly, it does.

Ouch! Zinger!
laugh.gif

Not frumpy, I like this fit. However - it would actually be better sans PS, the contrast between jacket and jeans, combined with the shirt give all the pop needed.

I wasn't sure whether to use the square or not, thinking along much the same lines as you. However, in my typically anti-Chanel way, I looked in the mirror and decided to add one more item.
devil.gif

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
Yes it is a Tautz lapel. You have an impeccable eye sir.
wink.gif

I have seen many films from the 1920's where men would sport their pocket squares as if a grenade had hit it. So I figured I would experiment with it. I think it was right around the same time men started to unbutton their bottom button on their double breasted jacket. I think it was the beginning of causally elegant "sporty flair" as the daily formal Edwardian styles were starting to become old-fashioned, at least with younger men.

Thanks. It's true that the exploded PS goes well with the recreation of that look. But sub specie aeternitatis not so much, as I see it.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB - if you want to comment on the shoes, PLEASE post just the picture of the shoes ... or even better just comment ... his pictures are RIGHT ABOVE your post

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to use the square or not, thinking along much the same lines as you. However, in my typically anti-Chanel way, I looked in the mirror and decided to add one more item.
devil.gif

Anti-Chanel sums up your style so well...
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads