• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt

I don't use a debit card and my credit cards are signed. If I get asked for ID for "my protection" I just say I don't have one.

...and then what happens?

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
Debit + PIN there is no reason why you should even be looking at the card. With an unsigned credit card, you shouldn't accept it at all - unsigned cards are violations of the cardholder agreement. I don't use a debit card and my credit cards are signed. If I get asked for ID for "my protection" I just say I don't have one.
+1. Always sign your credit card, else when you lose it, someone else signs it and starts swiping for AEs. Nothing beats a crook with nice shoes. Stores that allow credit cards, have a merchant agreement that they do NOT ask for ID. As they also have a rule that there is no minimum spend on purchases on credit. However, cardholders are specified to sign their card upon receipt, I have seen this in numerous letters over the years which came attached to my card through the mail.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
I've never met a clerk who cared enough to actually follow through on simple policies like the one previously mentioned. Usually, cashiers/clerks/associates are too disgruntled to justify doing anything beyond basic functions.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
You may want to re-think your spelling "critasisms"

"Dual" is a word, and so is "duel." It's a slip of the finger, like "their" and "there."

"Critasisms" is an effort to use a word that the poster had no business using. In other words, LOL!

awxg

Reaction score
I always write on the back of my credit cards "Please ask for my ID". I show my driver's license whenever I use my credit card. Not sure if this will prevent thieves, but it gives me peace of mind.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Enough of this CC procedural bullshit, let's get back to the funny/fucked-up customer anecdotes!
lol8[1].gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KingOfTheForum
"Dual" is a word, and so is "duel."

Hey, they both pass spell check, right?

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Why don't you send your girlfriend over to my place so that I can give her a reason to "critasise" your man-hood?

Exactly. You cant refute the points I made in my post, so you latch on to a simple typo, and then come up with the gem above
confused.gif

What are you like 13?

What's next a "yo momma" joke?

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston
Exactly....

Your points have been bombed to death already. I thought that it would be more fun to take a jab at your girlfriend (pun intended).

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Customer walks into the store. He looks startled when I say hello to him. I ask him what brings him in. He stumbles over his words and then walks over to a random shelf. "Yeah. Vitamin E," he says. He grabs the least expensive bottle of Vitamin E and walks to the counter.

I scan the bottle and tell him what the total is (about $3.50). He reaches into his pocket, pulls out a few bills and hands me a $100 bill (I see a five in his hand). I take the bill and rub it between my fingers. I start to raise it to the light to check for authenticity.

Before I can get the bill up to chest-level, he interjects, "Oh. It's real." With the bill now up to the light, I say, "No it's not."

Him: Huh? What are you talking about? It is.
Me: No, it's not. I can see the Lincoln face inside, and the watermark says "five dollars"
Him: What!? Let me see.
Me: Alright (I grab a black marker and write, "THIS IS FAKE" across the bottom and top of the bill)
Him: What are you doing man? That's my money

I hand him the bill, but he attempts to snatch it and tears it in half. We're both holding a piece.

Him: Man! You just ripped my money
Me: No. You ripped it. It's not worth any less now
Him: (Holding the bill up) "I can't see a Lincoln face inside. What are you talking about!?
Me: Yes you can. Besides, this is a really bad counterfeit. Whoever made it is a complete idiot. The paper wasn't even lined up properly at the bottom....a COMPLETE idiot (laughing).

I tear up the piece of the bill that I have. He demands that I give it to him, so I drop the shreds on the counter in front of him.

Him: So, you're going to tear up my money like that?
Me: (still laughing and ignoring him)
Him: Man, I want my money. It wasn't fake.
Me: (agitated) It was fake. You know it and I know it. You thought that you could come in, buy something cheap and get $90 worth of change. Get out of the store
Him: I'm getting my money back (storming off)
Me: I'm off at 6:30. Feel free to come and get it.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Your points have been bombed to death already. I thought that it would be more fun to take a jab at your girlfriend (pun intended).

Examples? Still no substance to your claims.

All you've done is show the whole forum that you are an immature little child, who in fact, is a rude sales guy making 15 bucks an hour, mad at the world.

I'd send a woman over to you...that is if you could afford to pay for her cabe ride home, "big shot".

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Background: Store policy was that any person who mentions cleansing drugs from her/his body or attempting to beat a drug test must be denied a transaction, and may not be directed to any products that they request.

20-something man walks into the store.

Him: Hey. Do you sell piss pills?
Me: (knowing what he wants, but luring him in) What do you mean?
Him: Those pills that make you take a piss, so you can pass a drug test
Me: We don't sell anything that's meant to help with passing drug tests.
Him: You don't? My friend said that she got it from here....(<----- The classic response)
Me: Oh yeah? What was the product called?
Him: I was called (fill in the blank) or something like that. Do you sell that?
Me: Hmmm. I'm not sure, but I have to let you know that since you mentioned a drug test, you can't buy anything.

After a few seconds of pleading his case, he leaves the store but stands right outside. He's makes a phone call. A few minutes later, a girl shows up and enters the store.

Her: Do you sell (same product as the previous guy)?
Me: Hmmmm. I'm not sure. Have you bought it here before?
Her: No. I'm getting it for somebody. It's supposed to help him pass a drug test or something (BINGO!)
Me: Oh. Well, we don't sell anything that helps will passing drug tests. If it's for that guy outside (nodding towards him), he should have told you that we can't sell anything to you if you mention a drug test.
Her: Really? He didn't tell me that. You can't sell anything to me?
Me: No

She leaves. I see her walk over to him and give him the bad news. He's noticeably disturbed. After a minute, he walks back into the store. The girl is trying to convince him not to. I brace myself for a brawl.

Him: (agitation in his voice) Can you just tell us where the stuff is?
Me: I can't sell you anything now. I can't even show you where different products are
Him: Why not!? Nobody's here to watch (<----Common response)
Me: It doesn't matter. Rules aren't only for when people are watching (<----Common Answer)
Him: MAN.....So you don't sell it? Where can I get it
Her: (to him) He said that he can't help us. Let's just go
Him: You're not going to tell me where I can get it?
Me: (no response)
Him: (slams his hand down on the counter) You're lucky
Me: I am, but why do you think so?
Him: (turns back in my direction, smiling) You're just lucky
Me: So are you. We all are. Have a nice day (sarcastic smile).

Those exchanges are what I loved about customer service

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread has become a vortex of stupid. not shocking i guess

please dont critaisais my post i don't wanna dual over it

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston
I'd send a woman over to you...that is if you could afford to pay for her cabe ride home

Rest assured, I could afford both her "cabe" ride home and the new underwear that she'd need before she slipped back into your place....because I'm a gentleman

You guys are so f***ing easy, hahaha....That's why I'm King

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads