• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

Hobbs

Reaction score
Anyone know if this Daiki Suzuki collaboration is out yet:

article_large_image_stepping.jpg

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
come on damnit
There's no trick as far as my understanding goes... if it moves to the left or the right, pull it back to center. My Converse gripe (applies to Chucks and Purcells, even with the thicker tongue) is when the tongue gets bunched up after you tie them, and won't lay flat against your foot. I hate when it creases and since sometimes you can't straighten it out the creases become permanent. It's just weird that some pairs do it and some don't.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
^ There is no why, Uncontrol. Do not try to understand, just accept. I have two pairs of hi-top Allstars. The black ones have no tongue shifting issues, fit perfectly, more comfortable than slippers. The white pair, same size...tongue always slips to the side. Try to centre it, mofo slips back, no matter what. The whole feel of the shoe is a bit tighter, almost as of they were stitched a little lopsided, but with no visual sign of being off.

If they were a $$$ pair of CPs I might be annoyed by this, but when they cost 1/5 the price of my Beatle boots I'm in no position to ***** about it...though I guess I kind just did. FFFUUUuuuu_!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a love hate thing with my jack purcells...

I love the fact that they are so comfortable, but hate the sole which is clunky and thick. I love the new low profile options, but hate the fact that jcrew made them uber ubiquitous.

Here are my jack purcell low profiles.

4941445779_3ff1237ecc_z.jpg

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't really like the extra toe thingy. Would probably buy a pair otherwise.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wogbog
Don't really like the extra toe thingy. Would probably buy a pair otherwise.

Extra toe thingy?

Do you mean the extra 'layer', I guess you would call it, of the toe guard? I think that's what makes Purcells awesome looking as an alternative to Chucks...

splattered

Reaction score
Hi tops are a lil better about the tongue slide thing, and JV Cons have the little tongue **** which helps too

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
What is that little **** in the toe? Does it shoot laser beams?

The patented 'smile'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics