• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College student budget fashion

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
I'm mainly having a problem with footwear right now, boots seem to be ideal right now since summer is over and it's going to be rainy and cold so i'd like something that i could wear in the rain and snow. But the only boots i've worn are steel toed boots for working in a mill and i'd never wear them around as they look clunky and ugly.

What pair of boots would be ideal for me? A pair of LL bean engineer boots?

im not sure if this is what you're looking for, but i bought these yesterday and have them on right now to break them in, the heels are nearly 1.5" and they have an added insole, so these boots are will also give u some height, they put me very close to 6'3" lol

Originally Posted by Billster
http://canada.roots.com/Men%27sTuffe...ctedColor=0100

this is mainly for canadian bros

there's a $20 off for $100+ purchases, and $50 off on $200+ purchases, so if you do the math, buy something else worth $35 ish and have the latter discount make the total down to $150-160 and you can have the boots for like slightly over $100 (i bought it, along with a tuque and sweater for my brother, the computer calculated that i got $41 off the boots)

so i got it for $127 basically, pretty good for a student on a budget like me

i wear 12 in nikes and other sneakers, but i got a 11 in these, because it was the biggest size they had in all the roots stores in toronto atm, the length is the exat same as my sneakers (the sole is actually longer), they fit fine on my left foot, but feeling a bit snug on my right foot's pinky toe, but i'm breaking them in this week in my house and i'll see how it feels

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
What pair of boots would be ideal for me? A pair of LL bean engineer boots?
Subaru has a Forester "LL Bean Edition" that's very popular with baby boomer women, so bean wear sounds like a sure bet if you're looking to attract the ladies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Subaru has a Forester "LL Bean Edition" that's very popular with baby boomer lesbians, so bean wear sounds like a sure bet if you're looking to attract the ladies.
Ftfy

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol BB1 why do you hate baby boomers so much man

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I think he blames them for CE.

**** man. I keep reading your WTB as stuff as 'for sale' and get an instant boner.
plain.gif

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Some of my "for sale stuff" is better than most of that so...

not if it's 156 sizes too big sooo.....

gululv

Reaction score
A good idea is stick to brands that are expensive, but not crazy expensive, and just buying items you really want. So I mean Our Legacy and APC, not Visvim (great brand, but horrible prices) and Band of Outsiders (overrated anyway).

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marsupialed advice....since there is isn't a way to distinguish between expensive and crazy expensive. It's all dependent on the person and what value they put in pieces of clothing and they themselves choosing whether the price tag is worth it. For example a designer piece from julius to me is worth every dime, but to someone who shops at J.crew only it isn't. There are people in this very forum who consider $20 shirts incredibly expensive LOL

gululv

Reaction score
Well, from Gitman Bros. for example Im sure you get the same quality as Band of Outsiders, without paying as much.
Why the aggressive tone on this forum?

alexwgoody

Reaction score
I'm at Arizona State, and every year I just buy a ton of AA shirts in bulk for like $5 each, wear my same 3 or 4 pairs of raw denimz, and I have about 5 pairs of shorts. for shoes, I mostly just wear canvas shoes, converse, vans, stuff like that. you can look good enough for your few hours of class in a t shirt and jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads