• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
^Not really, stretch makes measurements when the things aren't worn pretty meaningless. Any given size of sns knit is going to work for a large range of people, fitting slimmer or more relaxed still looks good.

Forgive me for assuming detailed measurements would help people out with sizing.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update: My order from that Denmark based website has been cancelled.
frown.gif

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
What were you looking for?
I ordered Stark in Burgundy in a small.

Now I'm thinking I should just rock the brown from Tres Bien. I tried to order it, but I got stuck at the last step. It kept saying my credit card method is invalid even though I'm using AMEX, which they accept.
eh.gif

richmaguni

Reaction score
So, what's the consensus on the stark? I'm waiting to order one but can't decide between M and L. My build is 6'2 180 lbs 41 chest.
I saw one post recommend the L and another the M, since it will stretch. Is the length of the L awkward for people in the 6-6'2 range?

wj4, was you order cancelled from that Støy Munkholm store? I'm not sure about currancy exchange fees, but to me they seem to have the best price (about $230 shipped)

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by richmaguni
So, what's the consensus on the stark? I'm waiting to order one but can't decide between M and L. My build is 6'2 180 lbs 41 chest.
I saw one post recommend the L and another the M, since it will stretch. Is the length of the L awkward for people in the 6-6'2 range?

wj4, was you order cancelled from that Støy Munkholm store? I'm not sure about currancy exchange fees, but to me they seem to have the best price (about $230 shipped)

Yes, Rich. And you're right. After I converted from DDK to USD, it's about $230-235 shipped. The order changed from 'on going' to 'cancelled' today.

thomasec - thank you for the link.

Now another dilemma has to be dealt with. Should I get the Burgundy as planned initially. Or should I get the brown? I kinda grew to like that as well, haha.

I tried to order from TresBien earlier today, but got stuck at the credit card process. I entered my AMEX card, but it said that it was invalid even though they stated they take AMEX and everything I entered was correct.

richmaguni

Reaction score
i wish sns herning could just sell their full stock directly..

JRyder

Reaction score

I'm your exact size and I bought the L. It fits great even with the small amount of stretch, but was in truth pretty tight when I first put it on. Now I can were an oxford under it and it fits great.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
Small Stark Burgundy
I caved in and ordered from the link. It was about $292 shipped to CA. The good thing is that since they're in the states, it should make returning easier if I need to due to sizing concerns.

sixsails

Reaction score
I'm 6' at around 165 and the medium is snug, haven't worn it much yet so I suppose it will stretch a bit.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
^Not really, stretch makes measurements when the things aren't worn pretty meaningless. Any given size of sns knit is going to work for a large range of people, fitting slimmer or more relaxed still looks good.
Does stretching occur on all SNS knits or just the Stark? Any idea why they stretch so much? Perhaps it's the knitting technique I assume?

I do agree on the latter part. On the 2nd page, a user posted pictures of himself in a Stark that is rather fitted and it looks good. Right below him, another user posted pictures of himself in a Stark that is a tad bit long, but somehow I also thought that looks awesome as well.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, what's the consensus on the stark? I'm waiting to order one but can't decide between M and L. My build is 6'2 180 lbs 41 chest. I saw one post recommend the L and another the M, since it will stretch. Is the length of the L awkward for people in the 6-6'2 range? wj4, was you order cancelled from that Støy Munkholm store? I'm not sure about currancy exchange fees, but to me they seem to have the best price (about $230 shipped)
Originally Posted by JRyder
I'm your exact size and I bought the L. It fits great even with the small amount of stretch, but was in truth pretty tight when I first put it on. Now I can were an oxford under it and it fits great.
6'0, 177lb, 41.5" chest and can fit the M snug with an oxford underneath. Haven't had a chance to try on L. Rich, you should try it on in person judging from all the varying info in this thread. I've requested measurements from several retailers and they are all different from one another.

richmaguni

Reaction score
wj4, have you tried to resolve the problems with your canceled order? they seem to have pretty attentive customer service; I put a stark in my cart last night but didn't finish checkout and I got an email from them this morning.

"I can see that you have tried to order a S.N.S Stark cardigan from our Online Store. For some reason, your purchase did not come all the way through our payment system. I will therefore have to delete your order. The product are put aside for two days ... so you can visit the shop and try again!

Should there be any questions please feel free to contact me.

Michael Dalsgaard
Online Store manager/Business development"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads