• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Considering a trip to Iceland.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
I hear airfare and lodging is ridiculously cheap right now. Tell me more.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
I hear airfare and lodging is ridiculously cheap right now. Tell me more.

I've heard they're really hostile to foreigners.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I've heard they're really hostile to foreigners.

As long as you're white, it's fine.

fffffut

Reaction score
i would totally go for it
ive been wanting to go to iceland for awhile now
check out couchsurfing
i guess there are some cool people on there
(apparently someone who will give you a tour of the mountains/wilderness and give you wild psilocybin mushrooms)

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chicks there are all about extramarital sechs. For real.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There be Vikings over there, so no matter how strong or manly or handsome you may be over here...over there you're not.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oh, it gets cold there in the winter. And despite being an island, don't bother looking for a beach.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good for seal hunting.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, ever since the kronur crashed, the very expensive weekend getaway to Iceland has suddenly become more affordable. If you're looking to do something short term, I'd plan to do New Years in Reykjavik. Something more long term would be doing a summer rúntur.

Beautiful country and beautiful women. Also home to the longest running parliament (since the 9th century).

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
That, of course, is the primary purpose of this trip.

They're destroying the fisheries.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
There be Vikings over there, so no matter how strong or manly or handsome you may be over here...over there you're not.

Genetically I believe they're more Celtic than Norse, despite popular conceptions, since Irish monks settled there initially and Vikings took their Irish wives there.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
Genetically I believe they're more Celtic than Norse, despite popular conceptions, since Irish monks settled there initially and Vikings took their Irish wives there.

That's not the story they told me. They claim to be born with those horned helmets!

laugh.gif

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple I know recently took a mixed hiking and sightseeing trip to Iceland (maybe 3 weeks ago). They loved it. They brought back some incredibly beautiful pictures and said everyone was very nice (they're pale whitey's though...).

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
That's not the story they told me. They claim to be born with those horned helmets!

laugh.gif

hmmm, well the genetics are what they are, plus statistically iceland actually has a higher percentage of dark hair and shorter stature compared to scandinavia proper, closer in fact to ireland or the british isles. that isn't to say they don't have any viking in 'em, they obviously do
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads