• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Green_Pinguin

Reaction score
Hmm thanks Guys you gave me a lot of alternatives for Alden`s and I attempted myself finding a good cheaper boot. I`ve came up with The Red Wing 9014 in black , that I could get a lot cheaper from a friend of mine. What do you think of these boots, good quality, and are they a bit dressy in your eyes, like the alden`s or wolverin`s?

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Green_Pinguin
Hi guys, I`m searching for a good pair of cheap boots, that are a bit dressy but going good with a casual style and jeans. I would really like Alden Indy Boots in black, but they`re too expensive for me. What do guys think of a pair doc`martens 10 eye, but they aren`t dressy I think. So other good cheap alternatives? Thanks
You could check out those new Lands' End Canvas boots. Can't personally attest to the quality, but LE stuff is usually serviceable. At any rate, they have an amazing return policy. http://canvas.landsend.com/ix/canvas...N-_-F-_-081310

ispace

Reaction score

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
http://canada.roots.com/Men%27sTuffe...ctedColor=0100 this is mainly for canadian bros there's a $20 off for $100+ purchases, and $50 off on $200+ purchases, so if you do the math, buy something else worth $35 ish and have the latter discount make the total down to $150-160 and you can have the boots for like slightly over $100 (i bought it, along with a tuque and sweater for my brother, the computer calculated that i got $41 off the boots) so i got it for $127 basically, pretty good for a student on a budget like me i wear 12 in nikes and other sneakers, but i got a 11 in these, because it was the biggest size they had in all the roots stores in toronto atm, the length is the exat same as my sneakers (the sole is actually longer), they fit fine on my left foot, but feeling a bit snug on my right foot's pinky toe, but i'm breaking them in this week in my house and i'll see how it feels

Marton

Reaction score
Can anyone reco a good design that I can have copied when I get a custom done?
Thanks in advance!

dron

Reaction score
i like the look of these. doc martens pier.
13337201.jpg

what do you guys think the quality is like?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A suitable substitute for ipecac if I ever saw one

fungz0r

Reaction score
What boots/shoes do you wear in wet conditions?

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Any? I suppose the "best" option would be something that has a rubber sole, but leather soles aren't going to melt on contact with water (just make sure you give them 2-4 days to recover and dry out properly, and be careful on linoleum flooring, it can be treacherous). A thin dainite sole would probably be best if you want to keep it dressy, lug sole if you want it a bit beefier and want the ability to trudge through snow like a champ

dron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
A suitable substitute for ipecac if I ever saw one

yeah yeah, har har, but that's not what i asked about now is it.
wink.gif

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Made in China Doc Martens are pieces of ****, you get what you pay for. Made in England Doc Martens are passable, though nothing special.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
These looks pretty good, reminds me of the Alden Pit boots. Anyone want to be a guinea pig and try them out?

Send me $150 and I'd be more than happy to write a thoroughly in-depth review for you.
laugh.gif

B_RAD

Reaction score
I just scuffed my briar oil slick red wing chukkas on the toe really badly. What can I apply to restore the color on them asap?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads