• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like kvc's approach to building a wardrobe (i.e. take some chances and don't be afraid to do something different) in theory, but in practice (WAYWT entries), it's not really working.

A static image makes people prone to appearing stiff or unnatural when they may not really be that way. That may be the case here. Whatever the reasoning, it seems like you're spending a lot of money on stuff that makes you look uncomfortable.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Jesus that tb henley is huge, wtf size is that? Size down 2.

I know TB goes for that shrunken look, but are you sure that's not how this piece is supposed to fit? It looks fine in the shoulders. Sizing down might slim up the body, but at the expense of visually ideal posture.

bakebean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
FJLNp.png

Thom Browne Shirt
MMM 10 Slacks
Yuketen Surfer moc

wtf is this?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I know TB goes for that shrunken look, but are you sure that's not how this piece is supposed to fit? It looks fine in the shoulders. Sizing down might slim up the body, but at the expense of visually ideal posture.
I am on a phone so maybe I'm just not seeing it clearly but it doesn't look very tbish. If that's how it's meant to fit I'm calling the piece a fail.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Could be cool under a long heavy knit w/ some other ****? tucked brown boots maybe.
just doesn't really go with the rest of your stuff, and I don't really think the trouser roll or the boat shoes are working either.

bakebean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
Could be cool under a long heavy knit w/ some other ****? tucked brown boots maybe.
just doesn't really go with the rest of your stuff, and I don't really think the trouser roll or the boat shoes are working either.

and his clothes are wearing him.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got a rid of the boat shoes from the outfit honestly just trying to work the shirt in cuz its super comfortable. I slouched over pretty bad in the photo looks alot better when I stand up straight. Probably going to layer it in future w/ some pendelton ****. It struck me after I looked at the pic that I was appropriately dressed for a woman going PTA meeting in 1999. . . .

bakebean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
Yeah I got a rid of the boat shoes from the outfit honestly just trying to work the shirt in cuz its super comfortable. I slouched over pretty bad in the photo looks alot better when I stand up straight. Probably going to layer it in future w/ some pendelton ****. It struck me after I looked at the pic that I was appropriately dressed for a woman going PTA meeting in 1999. . . .

smile.gif

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camo gonna be big this year. From what I heard lots of camo at capsule(buyers wearing lots)

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camo can only flow w/the "obscure rap quote graphic tee Nike SB dunk" stee

Not a terrible thing in the right context... but the dress shirt + camo pants are a no go

People seem pretty pissy this weekend... is SW&D on its collective period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads