• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I am a bit cold to Linguist's last fit, maybe if the hair went up or something, it would be salvageable.

frown.gif

this is all I can say

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thoe Barretts are a lot better than most other baller sneaker offerings

mr.loverman

Reaction score
I've got a brand new SNS herning cardigan sz L. Black. Stark model. PM me if interested.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Thoe Barretts are a lot better than most other baller sneaker offerings
+1. I don't really **** with the whole baller sneaker movement, but I can get behind the concept behind these. My OCD tendencies were amplified when I was big into Hypebeast footwear, since I wanted to keep them, ahem, "so crispy, brah." The main appeal of these, though, is that the paint chips away, so there's no need to worry about creased toeboxes and all of that nonsense. Also, Synthese has become one of the best contributors in this thread, even though a lot of his stuff wouldn't fit into my own day-to-day aesthetic. His clothes seem meticulously selected and not just purchased for the sake of copping piles of baller items. All of it comes together naturally, too, especially with the hair.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Riio
i don't think the wash on those jeans really works with the rest of your fit

idk i think it does, the jacket is an unlined cotton linen blend, sleeves are rolled etc. it's supposed to be a pretty casual look, though maybe the shirt conflicts with that

i really like it tho
smile.gif

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
synthese

is the ndg denim sort of white from the inside? I think we have the same pair.

Originally Posted by Synthese
Yep, it sure is, do you know the actual name of the style?. It's kind of a shame, I love the way it fits me through the legs, but the way the top block fits is pretty heinous. Also some of the coolest denim I've handled, I wish I could buy a petit standard made with nom de guerre denim.
Yeah, I got a pair too and the top block is totally wack. I basically sag as much as I can...it doesn't look too bad from the front, but the back could def look better.

Binker

Reaction score
Best friends with a man you would berate mercilessly if encountered online? That friendship must have been forged in the lonely halls of High School.
smile.gif

seriously though, I know its completely contrary to your tastes, but your floral shirts and ***** boots look would look so much classier with a slim, tapered pair of raw denim.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
Also, xenox, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't describe that fit as "Americana," more like "Jeans, boots and a t-shirt."

Fair enough, but I definitely got a Marlon Brando style vibe from the fit and thats what made it Americana for me, which can very well be just "Jeans, boots and a t-shirt".

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
uncontrol I always dig your tops/boots but I just can't help thinking that black skinnies (or even the black flares I know you have) would look so much better (especially some rad black waxed jeans, I'm sure tm can provide?). I dunno if you don't like tapered jeans (have you answered this before?) or what, but seriously, would look really cool. Also, I think (based on only 1 sneaker photo, of course) that you look better in boots

edit: I mean black jeans with the floral/print tops, etc - I think the ones you've got in that photo do fine with the boots but are a little...incongruous, maybe...with the top? But if you threw a big overcoat (prorsum, maybe, super slim and militarized?) on top of what you're wearing there it would look supafly for winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads