• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6 x 1 Double Breasted Jackets

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
115313tokyo14vs2.jpg

Very nice.

I don't like. I tried buttoning my DB jacket in this fashion the other day and it droops too much in the front.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Really? I have the three volume Sotheby's auction book from when the contents of his Paris flat were sold off in 1997. Among the many great color plates of his clothes, I dont' recall seeing a single 6x1. 4x1s aplenty, though, since that's what Scholte cut for him in DBs.

Yes, but he was a nazi, so...
devil.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Yes, but he was a nazi, so...
devil.gif

Churchill didn't want him even back in the country...

His wife had an affair with German spies in pre-war London...

A marriage made in Nazi heaven.

CutandSew

Reaction score
I have a RLPL 6x2 that naturally rolls into a 6x1. I personally think it's quite nice.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Pls post a pic, if possible. I always thought that RLPL suits are low buttoning so it you buttoning it Kent syle, dont you find the buttoning point too low

PTWilliams

Reaction score
This Brioni 6 x 1 got reasonable endorsements from styleforum. It was recommended that I replace and reposition the buttons.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That is some scary looking fungus on your face mate. A cross between D'Artagnan and Terry-Thomas and I'd bet the bank that you'd look much younger/better/less like a nonce if you get busy with a bic. The jacket seems to fit well.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I don't like. I tried buttoning my DB jacket in this fashion the other day and it droops too much in the front.

The shiny suit of the Japanese businessman is just awful...

Well-cut but still awful...

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I prefer the 6x2 but like most clothing, how a particular cut or buttoning arrangement looks really depends on the person wearing it.

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
That is some scary looking fungus on your face mate. A cross between D'Artagnan and Terry-Thomas and I'd bet the bank that you'd look much younger/better/less like a nonce if you get busy with a bic. The jacket seems to fit well.

Terry Thomas, indeed! It´s so because the gap between the teeths.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
This Brioni 6 x 1 got reasonable endorsements from styleforum. It was recommended that I replace and reposition the buttons.

I think you're shaped well for this type of coat. I also think your the exception not the rule. Most 6x1 don't appeal to me.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams

Love that jacket. Keep the buttons they are delightfully wrong.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
A cross between D'Artagnan and Terry-Thomas and I'd bet the bank that you'd look much younger/better/less like a nonce if you get busy with a bic.
Originally Posted by BlackBrumel
Terry Thomas, indeed! It´s so because the gap between the teeths.
Gee, toss in John Holmes and you've got me totally pegged.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics