• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Should serve well on the high seas.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Well, here is the L Naval on me. It's not quite skin tight like most Breton-type sweaters I've seen worn. And, it's about as long as I could stand to wear (these things are long!). OPinions on the fit? Keep or sell? I won't be able to find another in this color in M, that's for sure.
snsx.jpg

Honestly, I think it fits me well, but could stand to be a tiny bit smaller. Maybe not worth sizing down...

Fit looks spot on to me. I agree that it could be a tad smaller, but sizing down one isn't really going to work.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, here is the L Naval on me. It's not quite skin tight like most Breton-type sweaters I've seen worn. And, it's about as long as I could stand to wear (these things are long!). OPinions on the fit? Keep or sell? I won't be able to find another in this color in M, that's for sure.
snsx.jpg

Honestly, I think it fits me well, but could stand to be a tiny bit smaller. Maybe not worth sizing down...

http://www.streetammo.dk/commodity/2...-herning-naval - the opposite colorway, but I could see it working. They have some sort of sale going on as well.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not been able to process my transaction with the above (StreetAmmo) site - or at least the ".com" version of it.

I contacted them and they replied mentioning that they were currently setting up an FedEx shipping account, thus the delay. Perhaps this was just for international orders (e.g. to Canada)? Could anybody else see if they can get past stage 2 of their checkout process? (I'd pay a small proxy fee.)

I'm looking for a Stark in M - preferably Navy or Burgandy.

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score

I think it works given your wardrobe, but i feel like you could have maybe gone with a Medium too. It would stretch a bit in the chest and you may have been happier with the length on it. If you want to look at measurements on the medium i can send some over.

Also, if anyone need measurements on the Stark, Naval, or Fisherman just let me know. We still have S, M, and L in all three styles.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
TONS of SNS Herning here, and they take out VAT when shipping to the States, making the end price roughly the same as TBS:

http://www.stoy-munkholm.dk/male/sns-herning.html

Might be a few XS.

Is this site legit?

I'm so itching to try out a Stark in a medium. I understand we all have different builds, but from reading the posts, I think a medium will suit me well. I'm 5'9''-5'10'' at 155 lbs, 31 waist.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy_4HM
I think it works given your wardrobe, but i feel like you could have maybe gone with a Medium too. It would stretch a bit in the chest and you may have been happier with the length on it. If you want to look at measurements on the medium i can send some over.

Also, if anyone need measurements on the Stark, Naval, or Fisherman just let me know. We still have S, M, and L in all three styles.

I see the pictures and blog entry for the SNS, but I don't see it for sale on your online store?

If you can give me measurements on a small and medium in the Starks, that would be great. I think I'm a medium, but I would like measurements for a small as well. Also what are your prices? Thanks in advance.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Is this site legit?

I'm so itching to try out a Stark in a medium. I understand we all have different builds, but from reading the posts, I think a medium will suit me well. I'm 5'9''-5'10'' at 155 lbs, 31 waist.

You could probably do a small, I'm 6'2-6'3 170 - 175 and got a medium.

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Is this site legit?

Agreed, I'm the exact same build as you and I got a small in the stark cardigan. Fits spot on.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone who owned the under-sweater, how thick is it? any other recommendation for sns thin sweater?
i am thinking of getting a sns for asian weather, ironic i know.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Should serve well on the high seas.
Well I did throw on the watch cap for full effect...
Originally Posted by hobojones
Fit looks spot on to me. I agree that it could be a tad smaller, but sizing down one isn't really going to work.
Usually, if it could be a tad smaller, that means it;ll eventually be too big...
Originally Posted by LA Guy
http://www.streetammo.dk/commodity/2...-herning-naval - the opposite colorway, but I could see it working. They have some sort of sale going on as well.
My backup plan if I wasn't happy with the fit on this one was to buy that exact sweater in M
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Guy_4HM
Yeah, I usually buy sweaters to be a little snug in the chest expecting them to stretch to just the right fit, which they usually do. This one has plenty of room without being huge, so I half wonder if it will wind up stretching to a poor fit eventually. Hmm, I will try it on one more time tomorrow and decide. It's not really thick enough to look good over a button down, so maybe I should size down one. The one I have is NWT, but bought off B&S, so I might have to put it back up there... EDIT: I'll STFU and keep it. I tried it on over a light knit shirt, and bunched up the bottom a bit, and I'm really liking the fit of it.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
You could probably do a small, I'm 6'2-6'3 170 - 175 and got a medium.
Originally Posted by thomasec
Agreed, I'm the exact same build as you and I got a small in the stark cardigan. Fits spot on.
Thanks for the help, fellas!
biggrin.gif
Glad I didn't order a medium yet. Now I just need to determine if the site is legit or not. I'm sure it is, but I want to see if anyone on here has ordered from them yet, I'd love their input on the service. Edit: Must be boredom on Friday night, but I went ahead and ordered a small from the aforementioned website. I used my Amex just in case anything should go wrong. The process was a bit of a pain since almost everything was in Danish. Total for the stark with shipping to California, USA came out to be $222.75 USD. Another edit: If anyone else plans to order from the site, I used the Google translator to translate words and sentences that confused me. Came in very handy. http://translate.google.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads