• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temujin

Reaction score
Also found a pair of British Consuls by E.C. Gravestock Ltd. Don't know anything about these yet but they look very fine. There is something about Chevy Chase on the other shoe that I can't quite make out. Unfortunately some cracking in the crease lines
frown.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a beautiful white on white stripe spread collar dress shirt from Fray for NM. $1.75 total. I need to start finding sportcoats, as I'm pretty well set in the shirts catagory. If I find another Vito Rufolo suit/sportcoat I swear I'm gonna go nuts. I've seen more of them in the past month than I have anything else, even Stafford!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to pick a friend up from the train station so we swung by another thrift store. I scored two gorgeous mid-century end tables by Bassett for $2.99 a piece. Both have drawers with a wooden "handle". Very cool design. I'll have to refinish them, but that'll give me something to do this winter.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fray shirt? In Minnesota? WOW

Thought of you guys this afternoon. Found very sharp and recent Burberry orphaned suit coat,
walked over to the pants and.....bingo! Nice burberry suit!

Reaction score
Today was a pretty great day for me. I found a few pair of cord pants, which will look real nice in the fall. Also for the fall? A beautiful PRL wool sportscoat. It's a darker brown houndstooth pattern. The only problem is it's a wee bit small for me. I saw that there is some excess material, so hopefully I can work it out. There was one thing I saw that I figured I'd post about. I saw a really nice overcoat from Barneys New York. The only problem is that it's a 42R, which dwarfs me by a good bit. Here are some pictures:
imageeco.jpg
imagecm.jpg
imagelttq.jpg
I didn't see any specific maker, but apparently it's called the Collin. Anyone know how much it might be flipped for? Or even if anyone wants it. I didn't pick it up, but it's so hot here right now that it'll probably be there for a bit. The only thing I saw wrong with it was there was a hole in the lining.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things are starting to pick up for me. Or maybe it's just been such a horrendous drought that any decent item is so much more appealing. Anyway, today I found a really well-made Seize Sur Vingt brown corduroy sportcoat. Handmade in Bari, with pick stitching and hand sewn button holes, fully canvassed and lined with a fine maroon lining that looks great. Really top-notch construction for a corduroy jacket. Double vent, two button, and pretty much a perfect fit to boot. There's no maker's tag, so I have no clue who the tailor could be. Anyone know who does the handmade stuff for Seize Sur Vingt out of Bari? I called them the last time I came across one of their "made in Italy" jackets, and was told they just have a contract with a small tailoring outfit over there. They wouldn't give more details, but it'd be nice to know. Anyway, the jacket was $14, and the clerk through in a Charvet tie for free!

Is the Fall thrifting bonanza about to begin?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 83glt
I found a really well-made Seize Sur Vingt brown corduroy sportcoat. Handmade in Bari, with pick stitching and hand sewn button holes, fully canvassed and lined with a fine maroon lining that looks great. Anyway, the jacket was $14, and the clerk through in a Charvet tie for free!

Is the Fall thrifting bonanza about to begin?

Nice!! I had no idea Seize Sur Vingt made anything other than shirts. Their shirts are very well made, so I can only imagine how nice their tailored stuff must be! Anyway, I sure hope a Fall Thrifting Bonanza is going to start. This summer has been really disappointing.

Swan Song

Reaction score
3 Classic fit Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, and one Lorinzini shirt.....about $12/each.

I would post pictures but I dropped them to alter the length from 37 to my 33.75.

One of the CT's had "Made in Romania" on the tag....does this pinpoint a date of manufacture for any of you CT shirt buyers?

Gorgeous patterns,and luxurious fabric on each of these shirts.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
I picked this guy up, and I'm assuming it's a Burberry. Can anyone help me confirm? Obviously the nova check is why I thought so, but I can't find any labels except for one that just describes the fabric mixture. What's throwing me off is this is obviously older, but I am comparing it to one I bought 3 years ago. The cuff buckle is plastic on this one (vs leather on my newer one) and there is no fastener on the cinch, it's just fabric.
bb1.jpg
bb2.jpg
Then, I found a nice tie. There's a spot but I'm hoping I can take care of it or something.
ht1.jpg
This blazer is awesome. It's RLBL Made in Italy sz 42R. Nice wool, functional button cuffs. Contemporary narrower lapels. No padding in shoulders. I thought it would work for me, but it's too short as I normally wear a 42l.
rl1.jpg

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Nice!! I had no idea Seize Sur Vingt made anything other than shirts. Their shirts are very well made, so I can only imagine how nice their tailored stuff must be! Anyway, I sure hope a Fall Thrifting Bonanza is going to start. This summer has been really disappointing.

I hope it picks up. I think my secret spot is just getting hammered by the e-bayers now and I dont have time to get there first thing every day.
I have found a few pairs of pants and some ties as of late, but jackets and suits its been nearly a year....so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads