• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bends or OkComputer

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I just re-read the Pitchfork Kid A review. I think it is the most pretentious piece of musical journalism I have ever read in my life! http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6656-kid-a/
There's pretentious, and then there's badly-written. It's okay to use flowery language, particularly when you want to convey a sense of breathlessness in a review, but you need to have the composition skills to support it. Anyway, this threak has persuaded me to download OKC and Kid A. From what I've heard so far, they're good, not blow-my-head-wide-open great.

fffffut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
wow i dont even know what to say to that heres a fact

The Dark Side of the Moon was an immediate success, topping the Billboard 200 for one week. It subsequently remained in the charts for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988, longer than any other album in history. With an estimated 45 million copies sold

yes thats right 15 ******* years!!!!!!!! longer then radio Head have been a band

Ok Computer (a great album) is what Pink Floyd would leave OFF their album.

well i really dont like radiohead
i dont find anything about their music interesting
pink floyd on the other hand, while overrated (not bad), i can enjoy

Originally Posted by tomgirl
Lol @ you guys arguing over what is all obviously bad music for the sake of further pitting the size of your penises (peni?) against each other.
ftfy

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
In Rainbows is better than Kid A and both are better than any other Radiohead album you heard it here first

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Lol @ you guys arguing over what is all obviously good music for the sake of further pitting the size of your penises (peni?) against each other.

penis size is constant among radiohead fans

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kid A is brilliant. The old stuff is decent. In Rainbows is samey garbage.

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
In Rainbows is better than Kid A and both are better than any other Radiohead album you heard it here first

Haven't heard it yet. Guess I got one extra thing to do this weekend.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
Apart from a couple of songs on Kid A and whatever it was that followed that, for me Radiohead did three albums:

Pablo Honey. First album I ever bought with my own money - **** Creep, this had some great tunes of their time (late '93 high school era) and really set in well with other new albums like Pearl Jam's Vs and Ten and ~Nirvana's In Utero, which nobody had any inkling would be their last.

The Bends was new Radiohead. WTF. Took a bit of getting used to, no other bands sounded quite like this, although hindsight says it wasn't too weird or groundbreaking. Followed on neatly enough from PH but marked them out as a band that were more than just a grungy/new wave scene band, that were ploughing a musical furrow of their own. Rumour had it that they were still inexplicably popular across the pond, too. I still don't get that.

OKC was just plain oddball, fronted by that weird cartoon video (usually censored by MTV) for Paranoid Android. That funny-looking geezer with the gammy eye and wobbly head was getting a bit of a rep. As this year's classics included other stuff like The Prodigy's Fat of the Land and The Charlatans' Tellin' Stories, the summer was a quirky but pretty cool place to be, with no end of good tunes for the young man about town on the lash.

Good times.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^In Rainbows is the closest thing Radiohead have done to a pop record. The songs are all fairly to the point, none of them are terribly dense, they are all very melodic, and it's also the most upbeat album the band has ever made. They scale things back a bit, though they do a great job of integrating touches of their electronic side with fairly straightforward rock. Thom's voice is also at it's best on this album IMO. It is a great record.

Kid A is very nearly the opposite, it is extremely dense, ambient/atmospheric and borderline experimental, not to mention haunting and very inorganic, almost robotic. There are maybe four songs on the album which most people listen to; it is not a lyrically driven album. Vocals take the fore in only a few songs. It is heavily influenced by electronica, Krautrock, jazz and composed computer music. I would say that it is sort of a difficult record, I did not love it on the first or second spin, though the "singles" (Everything In It's Right Place, Idioteque, Motion Picture Soundtrack) definitely got my attention the first time through, although at first it seemed only because I needed something to grab onto, away from the cacophony of the rest of the record. On that note, it is also certainly a grower. It is a very powerful and very musical album.

JacobJacob

Reaction score
Just stumbled across this. Apparently some fans have been collecting whatever the audience from a Radiohead consert last year in Prague had filmed with their mobilephones and digital cameraes and made a full multiangled consert footage out of it. The coolest thing however is, that Radiohead kindly provided them with the original audio masters recording from the consert. IE. the sound is as good as it gets. All the songs from the consert are up as both individual youtube clips and as a full 'DVD' download - 25 songs free of charge. Trailer
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads