• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
City,

How does the quality of Mykita compare to Salt? For example, I am considering the Mykita Burt and the Salt Safford.

Originally Posted by Pinhas
City,

My current Salt glasses are reaching their end, and for my next pair I want to get either Dita or Mykita. I would like some recommendations and feedback on both, and in general would like to get some opinions and thoughts about these 2 brands. I like pairs from both brands and cant choose which one I like.

Any help would be great.

Might as well try to help both of you at once...

Quality difference between Salt vs. Mykita vs. Dita

Salt: Good quality made in Japan mostly stainless but there are titanium pieces. The construction is just a sold make with quality hinges. The plastics are all acetate and well made. Their style is quite conservative with a touch of retro/vintage

Mykita: Totally different style. More of the industrial, funky, cool look. I believe they are stainless. The construction is well made and innovative but has a slightly flimsy feel to it.

Dita: I haven't had extensive experience with it so it wouldn't be fair for me to make an "educated" comparison

Another brand I would throw in the mix if you like Mykita is...

Urband: Similar screwless designs as Mykita. What I like about them is that they are made of titanium as opposed to stainless. It has a similar "clip in" technology where you don't need use screws to keep the eyewire closed.

Hope this helps...

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jroring
with an asian face what color frame would you recommend?

Depends how dark your complexion is. Usually any color frame would fit well but I find that yellows, golds, and light crystal browns don't go very well with asian skin tones. It makes the asian skin tones look more yellow or at times pale/bland.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Can you evaluate these frames? How do they look? EDIT: uploaded different picture from bigger distance because I think original picture was misleading.
newpersol.jpg

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
Can you evaluate these frames? How do they look?

persols.jpg

Think those are a litte wide for your face. I'm sure others will have a different opinion.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Think those are a litte wide for your face. I'm sure others will have a different opinion.

I uploaded a different picture because I think that one was misleading. Not arguing that they are too wide, just that the updated picture is more reflective of reality. Still wide?

joema

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kique
Do you have any experience with Zenni Optical or any other cheap glasses site? I'm thinking about picking these up. I'm not sure if they'll fit my face right, but its so cheap I thought I might as well try them out.

But, i have a different view on the eyeglasses price.This is true for people with all different types of vision needs, from those who have had poor vision since childhood, to those who eyesight has weakened of over the years, and especially to those who have eye conditions that require surgical methods of treatment. But no matter what your vision needs, one thing is the same, and that is the need to choose a professional eyeglasses.We are told that the cheap buyer takes bad meat, and that always seems true in our daily life.So, i will not consider too much about the price on buying eyeglasses.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
Can you evaluate these frames? How do they look?

EDIT: uploaded different picture from bigger distance because I think original picture was misleading.

newpersol.jpg

I like the style and it seems to suit you. My only suggest/opinion would be that I would like to see the nose bridge be a bit lower on the lenses. I am sure that the camera angle is playing a role in tricking my eyes. But overall I like the style, and the fit is okay too. Someone said they were a bit wide, but I think that from my angle it doesn't look too bad.

my 2 cents.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

I think they're slightly too big as well. The bridge of the frames doesn't really work with your nose either. I agree you should probably look into something with a lower bridge.

Suave

Reaction score
thinking about getting some armani specs..how are they?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Suave

they're ****** quality for the price

adidasfan

Reaction score
Regarding Polarized sunglasses.

Who makes the best polarized sunglasses to be used for driving?
How about ones that look good and can be used for walking on the beach
or going cycle riding?

I have the Police brand Polarized glasses and love them but am wondering what else is out there.

Ive been looking at Mosley Tribes.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Suave

They are made by SAF so they are fair quality and fair built. I would suggest to get a pair of GA titaniums or AX. Those carry the best value and the other ones don't have as much value.

If you have more specific questions, I can answer it more specifically.

Cheers!

d4soad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eckblk
CityConnection:

What's the word on Dita's quality, I'm thinking about purchasing two pair at full retail. Let me know what you think.

The quality on Dita eye wear is amazing. I am in the eye wear biz and I wear I own the Dita Statesman. They are exceptional glasses. I would recommend them to anyone. What models are you looking for I may have them in stock and I can sell them to you below retail.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by d4soad
The quality on Dita eye wear is amazing. I am in the eye wear biz and I wear I own the Dita Statesman. They are exceptional glasses. I would recommend them to anyone. What models are you looking for I may have them in stock and I can sell them to you below retail.

What do you like about them? The materials, hinges, innovative design, style, image, market placement, lifestyle? It is easy to say they are good, but what is so good about them? What makes them unique?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics