• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
What's the dilly with Diller's hip patch? Looks like it was made for a much smaller jacket. And the shoes
eek.gif

Shoes are universally horrid.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Yes and 98% of StyleForum.

You will burn on the plaza in front of the Humboldt Uni in Berlin for posting this, while I still box about pink hose.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Hamilton is a notorious hanger-on...he's lived much of his life not even owning a home, living on the dime of others.
Lucky dog.

He uses a bunch of tailors, mostly in LA. But he also uses A&S, and that looks like A&S to me in that pic judging by the lapel and teh drape.

- B

My idol.

BTW Vox, how many bedrooms does that house your building have?
smile.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
There is nothing in this suit that says "Rubinacci" to me, as opposed to anything he could have picked up at any department store nationwide. Sorry, but this particular shot is quite uninspired.

Mike

Agreed.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
You all missed something important. It's apparently possible to be a parvenu(e) midget? That's awesome news. They looked like they were having so much fun in Over the Rainbow. Now refocusing my goals . . . .?

tell me something about big watches...

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Hmm, you guys must be looking at a very different picture or using very different eyes than me. The collar snugness, shoulder line, and sleevehead are highly indicative of a well-tailored jacket. I think the shaping through the chest and waist is also very nice, but that's easier to imagine. Certainly, the way the relatively fully sleeve flows with the arm, presenting a smooth, gentle convex curve, is almost never achieved in RTW.

I think it looks bad. That is just me. Maybe it is because of the shot/angle...maybe it is because the gentleman is old and of significant girth. I prefer some of the other fits of his that were posted earlier. The pants look too long to me and I don't care for the sleeve length either. My eyes go to those things immediately, so I can't admire the shoulder and full sleeve, etc.

I prefer the way Luca looks. But, I do tend to lean towards the more pimptastic side of things.

I do wonder though, why doesn't he get that dome fixed up?

Mike

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I do wonder though, why doesn't he get that dome fixed up?

Mike

Hmmm...are you thinking, maybe, one of the collection of deerstalkers from their old RTW line that they have stockpiled in their Naples warehouse?

2exbk2r.jpg

confused.gif

(Oh, alright: I just wanted to see the girl again. Carry on.)

- B

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That photo would benefit significantly if the middle distance was sharper and the foreground was blurrier.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better still...

6a00d8341c558f53ef01310fe55995970c-pi

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
As other more respected members have said via the forum and their blogs (Alden, Will); a suit should make a man look good, but not noticeable (paraphrasing).
I am a fan of both Alden & Will ... but this is hardly an idea new to them. For as long as I can remember this has been a popular saying from Savile Row to Brooks Brothers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics