• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bends or OkComputer

fffffut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
are you insane?
did you just compare Radio Head to Pink Floyd...thats like comparing The Killers to The Rolling Stones or Muse to the Beatles

yeah but you gotta admit pink floyd is very overrated
how many people have you seen wearing dark side of the moon shirts?

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol @ you guys arguing over what is all obviously good music for the sake of further pitting the size of your penises (peni?) against each other.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I just re-read the Pitchfork Kid A review. I think it is the most pretentious piece of musical journalism I have ever read in my life!

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6656-kid-a/

It's pretty bad but I think he's partly making fun of himself because he actually thinks it's a perfect album. Which I find hard to fault.
laugh.gif
Also for some reason I feel like I've read worse things. Can't think of anything off the top of my head though.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fffffut
yeah but you gotta admit pink floyd is very overrated how many people have you seen wearing dark side of the moon shirts?
wow i dont even know what to say to that heres a fact The Dark Side of the Moon was an immediate success, topping the Billboard 200 for one week. It subsequently remained in the charts for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988, longer than any other album in history. With an estimated 45 million copies sold yes thats right 15 ******* years!!!!!!!! longer then radio Head have been a band Ok Computer (a great album) is what Pink Floyd would leave OFF their album.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Lol @ you guys arguing over what is all obviously good music for the sake of further pitting the size of your penises (peni?) against each other.

wow penis envy much?
why is it always about dicks to women

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow i dont even know what to say to that heres a fact

The Dark Side of the Moon was an immediate success, topping the Billboard 200 for one week. It subsequently remained in the charts for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988, longer than any other album in history. With an estimated 45 million copies sold

yes thats right 15 ******* years!!!!!!!! longer then radio Head have been a band

Ok Computer (a great album) is what Pink Floyd would leave OFF their album.

Let's not go crazy. Pink Floyd is one of the great rock bands of all time. Radiohead is probably in the top 20 at this point, given their ability to both rock and innovate. They have gotten "too weird" too soon to ever be among the top greats in rock, but to compare them to something like Muse is overdoing it. They are probably the best band, given their entire catalog, of the last 15 years. Not my favorite, but probably objectively the best.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Let's not go crazy. Pink Floyd is one of the great rock bands of all time. Radiohead is probably in the top 20 at this point, given their ability to both rock and innovate. They have gotten "too weird" too soon to ever be among the top greats in rock, but to compare them to something like Muse is overdoing it. They are probably the best band, given their entire catalog, of the last 15 years. Not my favorite, but probably objectively the best.
i didnt ,i said its like comparing muse to The beatles (muse is a great band by the way)..i actually like them better then RH,they just ******* rock out man and if you ever see their shows they are very Pink Floydesque,whereas Rh takes themselves wayyyy to seriously (even though i do like them) kinda like Chris Martin and company whom i absolutely loathe

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
They are probably the best band, given their entire catalog, of the last 15 years.

If not untrue, this is depressing.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
If not untrue, this is depressing.

Open to other suggestions.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Open to other suggestions.

Foo Fighters
Chili Peppers
White Stripes
NIRVANA!!!!!!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Foo Fighters
Chili Peppers
White Stripes
NIRVANA!!!!!!

Foo Fighters - maybe, but only their first two albums were really great. The others delved into pop too much.

Chili Peppers - Their best came before 1995, and I think we can all agree on that.

White Stripes - maybe, but not as much good stuff put out as Radiohead overall. Great band though.

Nirvana - lol dude. Pre-1995.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Green day
Pearl jam...

Now you gotta be trolling. Again, neither has been particularly incredible in the last 15 years.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
when you are over 30 it all kinda blends in together to me last 15 years goes back to like 1990 hehe.

and saying that two good albums is all they have,well the same can be said of radio head,whats good for the goose...

not trolling by the way

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
when you are over 30 it all kinda blends in together to me last 15 years goes back to like 1990 hehe.

and saying that two good albums is all they have,well the same can be said of radio head,whats good for the goose...

not trolling by the way

Well you can understand my surprise when you mentioned a band whose lead singer had been dead for the entire period in question.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics